Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

vinipereira

South American Games 2018

Olympian1010    305

Hey, I’ll watch or take interest in any international sports competition 

• Like 2

konig    424
5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, I’ll watch or take interest in any international sports competition 

Wow, i dont expect that answer, by the way: nice to meet you, may be we will have another active american user besides @dezbee2008

konig    424
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

@thiago_simoes any news about which team Brazil is sending in Gymnastics?

Any news about the brazilian delegation?

LDOG    658

Pole vaulter Germán Chiaraviglio will be our flag bearer.

• Like 1

thiago_simoes    263
Em 5/1/2018 at 21:14, vinipereira disse:

@thiago_simoes any news about which team Brazil is sending in Gymnastics?

Nothing at all. 24 days to go and we are not even sure if Brazil is going to send teams in gymnastics. The scandals about sexual abuse and bullying will not help matters either. I will not be surprised if we don't send any gymnasts.

• Sad 1

konig    424
On 3/5/2018 at 00:32, thiago_simoes said:

Nothing at all. 24 days to go and we are not even sure if Brazil is going to send teams in gymnastics. The scandals about sexual abuse and bullying will not help matters either. I will not be surprised if we don't send any gymnasts.

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

Olympian1010    305

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

konig    424
16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

Yes, at least in the argentinian case, all the those sports will send the A team.

thiago_simoes    263
Posted (edited)
Em 5/5/2018 at 18:19, konig disse:

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.

Edited by thiago_simoes
  • Thanks 1

vinipereira    975
On 05/05/2018 at 18:19, konig said:

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

I posted here, youth team with 20 swimmers.

• Haha 1

konig    424
2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.

Thanks Thiago!!, like you say, Argentina make a complete rebuild after the retirement of Carrasco Pini and Camila Giorgi, is good to see a good new generation.

• Like 1