website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

4 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I don't know much about ice hockey, so I have a question: How much do the missing NHL players weaken the Canadian team? 

It's still a strong team, it's just that it would be stronger with NHL players.  I think Canada, the USA, Russia and Sweden suffer from the lack of NHL most, but Russia (and Sweden to an extent) have some excellent talent in their home leagues they can use here.  Basically, I'd say Canada is still a very good team, 2nd only to Russia (OAR) here.  With NHL players, Canada is favourite but it's not a given that they would win (USA, Russia, Sweden or Finland could win gold).  Without the NHL players Canada was favourite to get a medal with Sweden, USA and Finland, with OAR as much favourites as Canada would be in the former scenario.  

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

You're welcome , but don't be too optimistic about defeating Canada here :d

In a one game playoff, anything is possible.  Germany did just beat Sweden after all.  But Canada will be a bit tougher, and Canada will not be taking Germany so lightly.  Or at least they shouldn't.  Korea is not as good as Germany and while Canada dominated them, they had trouble scoring and gave up some good chances.  I'm certainly not taking anything for granted.  It's the Olympics.  Crazy stuff happens all the time.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Finnator123:

Because it was?

They are missing all their best players. Would any of the guys who played today even make their best roster?

Like i said before the start of the tournament: This event is senseless and has no meaning, results would be completely different if every nation would play with its best players.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Wut? Why are people acting as if this was a huge sensation?

there's no comparison between Germany and Sweden history and depth in the sport + also comparing Swedish roster to German , there's a huge gap for Sweden 

Edited by thepharoah