website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

On 12/06/2021 at 09:10, dcmdtruefan said:

Since China is going to compete in the 55 kg, it looks like the Philippines will have to rely on Boxing or Carlos Yulo in Gymnastics to win their first ever gold medal.

Let's not count Diaz out. She wasn't good at Tashkent and could have faced challenge for the medals from Chinsanlo and Nabieva. 

Hang on did you guys read the recent  article about her? @Tigercub She's in her form of her life. 

100kg snatch + 130kg CJ = 230 kg

That's 3kg more than Liao Qiaoyun's best. I know expecting training lift  at Olympics is hard. But even if it's 98 + 128kg could just be enough for gold. 

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

^Unless Iakovidis gets in somehow (he's currently missing out by one spot), it will be the first time since 1964 that Greece didn't qualify any weightlifter, because Konstantina Benteli has tested positive for a banned substance and will be out of Tokyo :facepalm:

That means that the European Continental Quota goes to Sabine Kusterer :GER correct?

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Let's not count Diaz out. She wasn't good at Tashkent and could have faced challenge for the medals from Chinsanlo and Nabieva. 

Hang on did you guys read the recent  article about her? @Tigercub She's in her form of her life. 

100kg snatch + 130kg CJ = 230 kg

That's 3kg more than Liao Qiaoyun's best. I know expecting training lift  at Olympics is hard. But even if it's 98 + 128kg could just be enough for gold. 

Yeah, I’m following her in her Instagram account ?

I was thinking that she competed in the Asian Championships just to fulfill the requirement of 6 tournaments but it turned out the rules were changed by the IWF. To be honest, I was expecting more from her during the contest.

I believe she will be a medallist, the question is of what color ??????

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

The Croatian guy Music 81kg celebrating his 2nd olympics on Instagram. Can this be? 

I looked at the list and he is not in. 

He must have assumed qualification because he was ahead of the Oceanian continental representative. Pretty embarrassing.

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

It was in a story.

Thought so.

It would be so strange and disgraceful for him to publish something thats not official or at least plausible.

From this chart i posted, only colored lifters should qualify. Blue ones are CQ. He is 2 or 3rd from Europe, if i remember correctly.

Maybe he knows that somebody wont compete or something like that. 

@MHSN didnt mention him as possible candidate so i hope he can resolve this puzzle.