website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

there are 2 or maybe 3 unused quotas in this weight of 81kg

1) Colombia's possible suspension

2) Asian quota

3) unused host quota in case they don't pick this weight for the wild card

but i can't see how Croatia can get one of them. he is 9th among non-qualified weightlifters and Ireland, Puerto Rico, Slovakia and Denmark above him don't have quotas in other weights which make them priority to take the unused host quota.

but never say never. everything is possible with IWF. :d but this one looks a bit unlikely.

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

The Croatian guy Music 81kg celebrating his 2nd olympics on Instagram. Can this be? 

I looked at the list and he is not in. 

it's impossible for him, even considering the eventual ban of COL, VIE, ROU and the limited quota of ALB and a few other Nations...

he has too many lifters (also from Europe) ahead of him in the rankings...

unless he gets a wildcard, but I don't think he's eligible for that...

p.s. by the way, if COL and VIE get banned, ITA would gain a place in the women's -59kg (European quota), since Benteli is apparently out for doping and the German girl would sneak in into the top 8...:yikes:

I don't think we've ever had so many people qualified in weightlifting, at least since the limited quota places have been set...

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

there are 2 or maybe 3 unused quotas in this weight of 81kg

1) Colombia's possible suspension

2) Asian quota

3) unused host quota in case they don't pick this weight for the wild card

but i can't see how Croatia can get one of them. he is 9th among non-qualified weightlifters and Ireland, Puerto Rico, Slovakia and Denmark above him don't have quotas in other weights which make them priority to take the unused host quota.

but never say never. everything is possible with IWF. :d but this one looks a bit unlikely.

Thus, Ireland is first candidate for this quota?

4 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Thus, Ireland is first candidate for this quota?

I believe so. but the rule says the best ranked NOC will have the priority. it doesn't say giving the quota to the best ranked NOC is a sure thing.

He literally just posted a screenshot of the rankings (from the .pdf)...

And even though his rank is not colored, he somehow assumed he must have qualified by being ahead of NZ...

It's just a dumb mistake. IWF did not inform him (or our NOC) of anything, so there is no grounds for some appeal (that would be crazy, in fact).

#banbestmen

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

And even though his rank is not colored, he somehow assumed he must have qualified by being ahead of NZ...

It's just a dumb mistake. IWF did not inform him (or our NOC) of anything, so there is no grounds for some appeal (that would be crazy, in fact).

Idiot ?

I am always surprised how little many athletes know about the rules and qualification criteria. 

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is there a link :P

1 minute ago, prso1000 said:

Idiot ?

I am always surprised how little many athletes know about the rules and qualification criteria. 

Sorry about that post in thread,music ?‍♂️?‍♂️

55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I believe so. but the rule says the best ranked NOC will have the priority. it doesn't say giving the quota to the best ranked NOC is a sure thing.

It reminds me on judo system, that ranking system for continental quota. 

Unnecessary and confusing, IMO.