website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

Just now, Dolby said:

IIRC, she has a decent chance at a medal. 

She does, though like many other weightlifter she only has a decent chance because so many lifters that would probably beat her aren't going to be there because *gestures at weightlifting in general*.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

China and the United States are pretty much locks for medals, I guess she has a chance for bronze, but it won't be easy

And she’d have even less of a chance if China could send more than one lifter or if North Korea was competing.

31 minutes ago, NearPup said:

And she’d have even less of a chance if China could send more than one lifter or if North Korea was competing.

Sending more than 1 lifter is not in the rule and it's a good rule. North Korea would have not competed in this weight anyhow

56 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sending more than 1 lifter is not in the rule and it's a good rule. North Korea would have not competed in this weight anyhow

I mean whether or not it's a good rule isn't the point, the point is that winning an Olympic medal in weightlifting isn't at all an indication that you are a top three lifter in the world.

Just now, NearPup said:

I mean whether or not it's a good rule isn't the point, the point is that winning an Olympic medal in weightlifting isn't at all an indication that you are a top three lifter in the world.

Who cares it's the same in canoe slalom. And anyhow in Paris there are no restrictions on countries (5 per gender)  that's what I have heard so no point in discussing this for 1 final time 

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

There are many sports where it is easier to win an Olympic medal as opposed to a WC medal simply because the OG qualification systems are designed to be more inclusive. Weightlifting is far from unique in that.

9 hours ago, Dragon said:

It's official now

I hope she's ready to become the most hated person in the world if she wins a medal. This will get really ugly as soon as the general public starts to care about the 2020 Games. I think this kinda went under the radar as COVID dominated the discourse, but that will quickly change once people move on from all the cancellation talk.