website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Can someone explain what's the difference between offshore sailing and normal sailing ? this is one sport that I know almost nothing about. :facepalm:

Offshore sailing is at high sea, doesn’t have the fleet race format (it’s just a single race) and they aim for the race to last about three days nonstop.

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Offshore sailing is at high sea, doesn’t have the fleet race format (it’s just a single race) and they aim for the race to last about three days nonstop.

Won't that be much more expensive to broadcast, contain much less action and be impossible to watch after it gets dark? :p

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Thanks, I will have hard time to find an equal word in Persian for that.

it sounds like something expensive and beside that how come something like this can have TV coverage ? TV guys are going to race with them the entire weekend ? :p

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Won't that be much more expensive to broadcast, contain much less action and be impossible to watch after it gets dark? :p

The idea included having 24/7 streaming from cameras on each ship if I remember. There would be constant live tracking as well. The most interesting part of the proposal is that they’d take that live tracking, put it on a video game platform, add in the current weather info, and let fans race the crews virtually in live time (not for medals of course, but for fun). It’s actually a real cool idea in my opinion, and something that could grow interest.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The idea included having 24/7 streaming from cameras on each ship if I remember. There would be constant live tracking as well. The most interesting part of the proposal is that they’d take that live tracking, put it on a video game platform, add in the current weather info, and let fans race the crews virtually in live time (not for medals of course, but for fun). It’s actually a real cool idea in my opinion, and something that could grow interest.

Doesn't seem like an Olympic "sport" and rather something that's just there to draw in a younger audience.  Cool idea, but I don't know how much interest it's going to generate.

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

Doesn't seem like an Olympic "sport" and rather something that's just there to draw in a younger audience.  Cool idea, but I don't know how much interest it's going to generate.

Unfortunately like any other thing the IOC trying to get in the Olympics, in the name of “drawing young crowd” and “equality” , sorry to say but it seems that someone there is trying to ruin the “older games” for a version much more progressive, while cruising athletes in the process...

after breakdancing what next? LA2028 TikTok filming and dancing?, maybe meme contest since the younger crowd like those...

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

Cool, they could test it already next year, Tokyo - Pyongyang - Tokyo ? :p