website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Hell, London 1948 had a road race with 101 entrants.

But, you know, the global economy was so much better back then so they could have afforded it. :p

London 1948 also didn’t have 32 sports, a quota allocation system, and 206 NOCs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

46 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, WHAT? Why give less quotas to men? It's already too few as it is. I agree about women's artistic and I don't care too much about rhythmic because there are very few gymnasts good enough to fight for medals, but decreasing the number of men, even by 2, is absurd.

Gender equality and so more "urban" events can be held 

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

That long reappearance of Baseball at the Olympics lol

rip

Baseball/softballs' quota is more than all of the four sports Paris 2024 proposed. Even though LA is hosting 2028, I highly doubt baseball/softball have any chance

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

rip

Baseball/softballs' quota is more than all of the four sports Paris 2024 proposed. Even though LA is hosting 2028, I highly doubt baseball/softball have any chance

Their plans originally included Baseball/Softball. They even had venues picked out at one point. So there’s still a fair chance it’s get in 2028.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela