website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

A few of the shops opened again yesterday in Germany, and of course people were flooding some cities, most of them without any masks or anything. I just don't understand it.

I've got a feeling they did not keep 2 meters or so distance? :whistle: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Danish zoos will open may 1st and an ammusement park has also stated that they are planning on opening in medio may. 

Meanwhile a limit for major events that will be shut down until the end of august has been set at 500. This doesn't necessarily mean that smaller events will go forward before, but there is a chance of some opening on that point during may or during the summer.

We are also seing a bit more sports opening (outdoor sports with no contact and limited amounts of people. 
There are also hopes that football will start again in medio May. As a result more top-tier teams are getting their players back from leave to do training in smaller groups.

Yesterdays recap:

2694 Tests yesterday - 26 new cases. we are attacking the 1200 barrier, 7 new healed patients and sadly 1 more death from the retirement house in Pezinok...

So right now 1199 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+26 Yesterday), 2694 Tests Yesterday (49428 in Total)

14 Deaths (+1 Yesterday), 258 Fully Recovered (+7 Yesterday)

207 Hospitalized, 7 in Serious conditions (ICU Beds) and 1 in critical condition (Artificial Lung Ventilation)

reminder: tomorrow (this midnight) will start the 1st phase of lifting restrictions https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22387787/how-matovic-imagines-the-lifting-of-coronavirus-measures.html

The idea is to reassess the measures and their impact on the coronavirus pandemic development after two weeks, explained chief hygienist Ján Mikas. The only exception will be the fourth and final phase, where the interval may be longer. The deciding factor will be the increase in the number of new people infected with the coronavirus.

The basic indicator will be the median set by the Institute for Health Policy to 100 new patients a day in a given week. This means that if less than 100 people are infected every day, a new phase will be adopted. If the median oscillates between 100 and 150 people a day, the measures will stay the same. If it exceeds 150 people a day, the measures will be moved one phase back.

image.png

image.png

Also the shopping times for seniors will cange now to 9:00 and 11:00 on weekdays (meaning Saturdays are exempted from the rule). Moreover, the prime minister stressed that seniors should go shopping only during these hours, and not outside them.

And changes in the masks wearing

Coming into force on April 21 midnight, state hygienists introduced some new rules for wearing masks. Click here to read all about the measures currently in place.

Although it is still mandatory to cover one’s nose and mouth while being outside, there will be several exceptions:

• children younger than 2 years of age;
  • people walking in nature, but they have to live in one household and are required to keep a distance of at least 20 metres from others;
  • people suffering from serious autism spectre disorders;
  • people in a car if they live in the same household;
  • public transport drivers if they are in enclosed a cabin.

•  

We'll have another press conference tonight, this time to talk about what happens after 28 April (the current date until which the precautions go). I'm expecting a slight loosening, and some extensions. Most likely they'll announce stuff for the next 3-4 weeks or so again, since looking forward further than that and deciding things for longer than that makes no sense.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

people suffering from serious autism spectre disorders;

Purely out of curiousity: is there a definition for this, mostly for what makes it 'serious'? I have been diagnosed long ago (as in, when I was 10 or so) and my current education and road to a regular job takes place in/by a 'foundation' that does exactly that: offer education and a trajectory to regular jobs (all in the IT world) for people who for whatever reason dropped out of a regular education trajectory.

In short: I'm interested as to how they separate 'serious autism spectrum disorder' from 'regular autism spectrum disorder' :p 

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Purely out of curiousity: is there a definition for this, mostly for what makes it 'serious'? I have been diagnosed long ago (as in, when I was 10 or so) and my current education and road to a regular job takes place in/by a 'foundation' that does exactly that: offer education and a trajectory to regular jobs (all in the IT world) for people who for whatever reason dropped out of a regular education trajectory.

In short: I'm interested as to how they separate 'serious autism spectrum disorder' from 'regular autism spectrum disorder' :p 

I’m not as educated about Autism as I should be, but I know there’s a multitude of different “disorders” within the spectrum. So maybe some of those are rated more serious than others. Aspergers v. Down Syndrome for instance.

Of course these labels are somewhat troublesome really because I know quite a few people on the spectrum that are doing much better (keeping distance, listening to experts, etc.) than those not on the spectrum. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

53 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am not a doctor but I guess there some "levels" or "degrees" of the disease, and the persons with he highest(s) level are the one counted as "people suffering from serious autism spectre disorders" I asume doctors will just ave to give a paper or document to these patents for that

I also found this after quick googling, it should be really the level 3 for example then I guess https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-severe-autism-260044

Top best recovery rate (These countries have recorded more than 60% recovery rate)

Country,
Other

Total
Cases

New
Cases

Total
Deaths

New
Deaths

Total
Recovered

Active
Cases

Percentage recovered from total cases

1. Greenland

+0

+0

100.00 %

2. Iceland

+5

+0

79.70 %

3. South Korea

+9

+1

76.88 %

4. Thailand

+19

+1

74.99 %

5. Austria

+78

+21

73.76 %

6. Iran

+1,297

+88

71.89 %

7. New Zealand

+9

+0

67.64 %

8. Switzerland

+119

+7

66.30 %

9. Germany

+528

+7

64.50 %

10. Australia

+7

+0

64.32 %

11. Hong Kong

+4

+0

63.11 %

12. Malaysia

+57

+3

61.09 %

13. Denmark

+180

+6

61.08 %

5 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Usually I support the strict measures to contain the spread the virus, but I still think my local government Chayang, Beijing is over-reacted. The thing is that one oversea student back to Beijing found positive at home after 14-day mandatory quarantine who tested negative twice during that. So sadly his 3 family members are also infected. No others infected yet because he found positive just after 2 days coming back home, not too much time and space to infect others.

These occasional cases in my opinion is quite normal, it will happen every now and then unless this pandemic is fully over. But the Beijing government is going crazy and list Chaoyang district as the ONLY high risk district in China, apparently many other more dangerous districts still with local transmission are listed moderate. The consequence for me is that I can not leave Beijing, otherwise I may be rejected live in hotel or facing a mandatory quarantine as I am from high risk district. 

I think the main reason for over-reaction is that some important political conference will be held next week in Beijing. As the capital security and stability are prioritized than economic activities and convenience. It's troublesome for me and really hate it.:facepalm:

Hope everything will be fine over there for you. It is tough and not easy.