website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

I hate that international sports tours/series are always willing to give up their Pan American stops first. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hate that international sports tours/series are always willing to give up their Pan American stops first. 

That's because 3 of said stops are in countries in which their government are doing crap about the Pandemic, so why risk any contagions for the people working in the series?

19 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

That's because 3 of said stops are in countries in which their government are doing crap about the Pandemic, so why risk any contagions for the people working in the series?

No, I get that. F1 made that right call for this season. 

It just seems that even under normal circumstances, Pan American events (in any sport, not just auto racing) are always the first gone when there’s a problem. Maybe I’m just starting to go a little quarantine crazy though :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

37 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Plus, in second half of October, early Nov it is not ideal racing weather in Canada, even if the F1 wanted to got to the other half of the planet (a logistical and quarantining nightmare in these conditions) just for one race.

This is why I think that the Malaysia rumor mentioned in the topic earlier would make sense only if they also can go to Vietnam (not a sure thing)

So probably they will stick to Eur + Mideast this year - not ideal of course but at least they could pull off even this (and so far without much Covid infections)

Martin Brundle said this during the first round of the season - he expected this season to be Europe + Middle East only. USA and Brazil are the two biggest COVID hotspots right now so it's not a surprise these two races got axed from F1. And it makes no sense to have one fly away round in Mexico either.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-perez-ruled-out-of-british-grand-prix-after-testing-positive-for.4MLhBq01mPizIDrg3jrWXJ.html

Sergio Perez will not be able to race in this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone after he tested positive for Covid-19.