website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Puzzling strategy call for :GER not to give Hafer the best push team, it would have easily secured a podium sweep.

Makes sense, Hafer already got a bronze in 2 man and he's the 3rd best, so if they clean sweeped again other nations may get doubt on their sleds and the high end technology they are using to rob the medals on the sliding track. 

Men's Four-Man
Final Results

:GER Germany
Francesco Friedrich
Thorsten Margis
Candy Bauer
Alexander Schueller
3:54.30

:GER Germany
Johannes Lochner
Florian Bauer
Christopher Weber
Christian Rasp
3:54.67

:CAN Canada
Justin Kripps
Ryan Sommer
Cam Stones
Benjamin Coakwell
3:55.09

Full Final Result HERE

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

:GER Friederich is denying Lochner gold medals like it's his hobby.

Puzzling strategy call for :GER not to give Hafer the best push team, it would have easily secured a podium sweep.

Because Lochner and Friedrich have their own crews which they are not trading just because?

Hafer himself has no sprinting background. He is a former luger. His start will never be top-tier.

#banbestmen

Yeah, giving Friedrich's main team to Hafer (and thus weakening Friedrich in the process) would have been extremely weird :d And incredibly unfair to those guys.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I totally agree. Germans need to make at least 10 mistakes in a run to not finish in the top 2. It has been the case of the entire sliding program. 

I don't think IOC / Organizing committee will pay and make same sleds for all in future. But that's the only way the sport can be saved .

1) Not sure why this sport needs saving. Would be way more sensible to get rid of it (or only give olympics to countries with existing tracks).

2) We saw in 2014 that it isn't impossible for FES (german institute that develops the bobs) to produce a shitty bob and if that happens again german athletes will have a very hard time to even win a medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I don’t think the IOC counts them, so Rinaldi :MON has the best official result at the Olympic Games for Monaco.

Sorry, I missed this before.

The IOC counted them as official medals at the time they were awarded, their status has never officially been changed but the IOC just doesn't include them in their records anymore.

10 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Sorry, I missed this before.

The IOC counted them as official medals at the time they were awarded, their status has never officially been changed but the IOC just doesn't include them in their records anymore.

Weird, so Monaco does technically have an official medal then?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, dcro said:

Because Lochner and Friedrich have their own crews which they are not trading just because?

Hafer himself has no sprinting background. He is a former luger. His start will never be top-tier.

No direct link with the Germans but Margot Boch :FRA also comes from luge and I'm quite pleasantly surprised by her start times in monobob (around 10th). And yet she's had the worst starts in the 2-woman comp ...