website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Some of the posts on here show a real lack of misinformation, and it pisses me off, since I feel like I’ve put quite a bit into this thread.

A lack of misinformation seems like a good thing :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently there is no live score for ski mountaineering 

Rather hard to have live timing for that. Maybe a halfway time check, but that’s about it. It comes down to the nature of the sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

As I said posted, said, and written in the preview; the Alpine Skiing course have had to be shorten due to heavy rain on the lower part of the course last week.

Yes, I am aware of that - because of your posts, actually. Doesn't make it look less pathetic though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

A lack of misinformation seems like a good thing :evil:

Whoops, typo. Meant lack of knowledge.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, dcro said:

To broadcast other sports they would need many more technicians and equipment (especially with outdoor sports). It would be utterly sensless to waste money like that for an event that nobody cares about, to be honest...

This is the main reason why YOG isn’t up to the quality of an Olympic event yet, and it’s a mindset I don’t understand. The OBS has turned a profit for years. The whole point of that organization is to broadcast the Olympics. So broadcast the Olympics for heaven’s sake!

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is the main reason why YOG isn’t up to the quality of an Olympic event yet, and it’s a mindset I don’t understand. The OBS has turned a profit for years. The whole point of that organization is to broadcast the Olympics. So broadcast the Olympics for heaven’s sake!

I'd like to see OBS having more qualified commentators for starters. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

For all I care they give up every commentator and spend the money they save that way on, you know, showing sports.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For all I care they give up every commentator and spend the money they save that way on, you know, showing sports.

Both of these would be completely fine with me. I know of a rather talented modern pentathlon/curling commentator. Maybe I should slip his CV their way...

Reminder about today’s Live Trivia (Game 3): @Vojthas @Wumo @Griff88 @Dunadan