website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

45 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

No races today, rescheduled for tomorrow.

Well that sucks, tomorrow night I can't really watch :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Herki said:

What a race from our girls :cheer:Oja and Tomingas did a really good job, especially Tuuli who I have never seen skiing so well before. Talihärm was better last year, easily the best of our girls, now she needs to catch up, but she still did her job. Gaim is sadly not even close to the rest of the team, even without the penalty loops I don't think we had finished higher than maybe 8th.

This was Estonia's women's relay's first top 10 since 1993! 26 years! (8 out of 9 teams with 12 minutes loss lol) This clearly is the actual best ever really.

I remember when our Gabrielė Leščinskaitė was a rival for Tomingas and they went back and forth on who is better. Yet it's Tomingas scoring points and Leščinskaitė finishing in 80-90th places in the world cup :(

I might be attending next weeks World Cup in Utah!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm so sick of the ton of (mostly Russian) people spurting their bullcrap on Twitter about how we should never again have these 'rotten overseas stages' because there's some cold trouble now. :facepalm:

Or the even worse reason I've seen: it's not convenient for European fans because of timezones :lol: 

Like you're even a real fan if you don't watch at 20:00 because you have to drink with your friends or whatever :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I might be attending next weeks World Cup in Utah!

Do it, absolutely.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm so sick of the ton of (mostly Russian) people spurting their bullcrap on Twitter about how we should never again have these 'rotten overseas stages' because there's some cold trouble now. :facepalm:

Or the even worse reason I've seen: it's not convenient for European fans because of timezones :lol: 

Like you're even a real fan if you don't watch at 20:00 because you have to drink with your friends or whatever :p 

Yeah, Khanty-Mansiysk was usually the coldest venue in first place (sometimes Kontiolahti) and between them & Tyumen it's a rotten location in the middle of Siberian freeze too. Talk about pot calling kettle black...

Our team is actually so pissed off :lol: 

According to this https://www.biatlon-info.sk/spravodajstvo/svetovy-pohar/1011-v-canmore-sa-uz-zrejme-pretekat-nebude-zrusili-aj-nedelnajsie-sprinty people are complaining that IBU send athletes few weeks before the WCH to a far far away Arctic resort with zero fans or local interest, or media attention, even the only womens individual race was broadcasted in a non-european friendly time.  Our mens and Paulína are now returning back home, Paja travelled across half of the globe to compete in one shortened individual ..it must be definitely fun to be around her now:roflmao:

Nastya will stay in North America and will compete in Soldier Hollow as our sole representative

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, Khanty-Mansiysk was usually the coldest venue in first place (sometimes Kontiolahti) and between them & Tyumen it's a rotten location in the middle of Siberian freeze too. Talk about pot calling kettle black...

And you don't hear us (or at least me :p ) complain about those. I want Khanty-Mansiysk back and while we're at it Kontiolahti shouldn't stay gone neither.