website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Not having a russian round sucks and is hurting the sport!

Like the Russian Doping Scandal

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think the IBU was under serious pressure to send a message to Russia.  I think it will be at least 4 years when all is said and done before they get another race.  I think Tyumen was the last one, but it was changed to Finland a few years ago.

Next North American visit will be Junior Worlds at Solder Hollow.  There was one year a bout a decade ago when they went Presque Isle and Ft Kent Maine two weeks in a row!

7 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I think the IBU was under serious pressure to send a message to Russia.  I think it will be at least 4 years when all is said and done before they get another race.  I think Tyumen was the last one, but it was changed to Finland a few years ago.

Next North American visit will be Junior Worlds at Solder Hollow.  There was one year a bout a decade ago when they went Presque Isle and Ft Kent Maine two weeks in a row!

It’s because All European winter sports teams (maybe except hockey) refuse to and make a fuss about traveling outside of Europe. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well, the alpine skiing rounds are held there before the actual European part starts. It's good that any biathlon competition is held in America even though that's like once every 5 seasons. However ski jumping World Cup is scheduled to return to Iron Mountain in two years time? I thought they demolished that hill ages ago? :p

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, the alpine skiing rounds are held there before the actual European part starts. It's good that any biathlon competition is held in America even though that's like once every 5 seasons. However ski jumping World Cup is scheduled to return to Iron Mountain in two years time? I thought they demolished that hill ages ago? :p

No, the locals have put a lot of money into reviving it. There were a few articles on it published last summer. I’ve always thought they should visit Norge Ski Club’s hill (it’s a little small though)

Since the US nordic combined went downhill over the last decade I thought these hills are gonna die like Thunder Bay in Canada? Steamboat Springs is probably still running and I wonder about the Lake Placid Olympic complex? I saw some Continental Cup in Iron Mountain ca. 3-4 years ago but that seemed very odd. World Cup hardly travels outside Europe other than Japan and the second tier goes to USA?

33 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Since the US nordic combined went downhill over the last decade I thought these hills are gonna die like Thunder Bay in Canada? Steamboat Springs is probably still running and I wonder about the Lake Placid Olympic complex? I saw some Continental Cup in Iron Mountain ca. 3-4 years ago but that seemed very odd. World Cup hardly travels outside Europe other than Japan and the second tier goes to USA?

There are the hills at the Utah Olympic Center too. And there are a few not well known hills on the east coast. Also, there is the Whistler Jumping Center in Canada

7 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Not having a russian round sucks and is hurting the sport!

Well yeah, and they have their own authorities to blame for that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

And in the past three days :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!