website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

10 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I know the field will include a lot of lesser known people, but I am looking forward to this weekend.

I still think a vast majority of the world's top-30 will be there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I was at the US Championships last year in Soldier Hollow.  Pretty fun event. 

This picture gives a good indication for the range and penalty loop.  It is a little funky.  I am sure the Russian media and fans, who have not stopped about the horrors of Canmore will only have terrible things to say about another North American venue.  If you look in the middle of the picture, there is a little rise with flags on it, that is the entry to the range/finish area.  There is a very sharp right hand turn into the range, with the exit to the range coming back towards the right of the picture.  The entrance to the penalty loop is just off the range, so there will be some traffic in that congested area.  Elevation, plus some decent climbs will make for some good races.

image.png

26 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

This picture gives a good indication for the range and penalty loop.  It is a little funky. 

No penalty loop in biathlon is as funky as the one in Bariloche in Argentina :p

Dldg-znW0AAazOD.jpg

(the blue line is where the penalty loop goes and yes, that's an uphill, followed by sort of a U-turn, a downhill and another U-turn to get back on the regular course)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

What did Russians say about Canmore?

Terrible location, too cold, too small, unkind governmental officials, no fans, change of schedule, jet-lag, why them and not in Russia, etc.  There have be a few Russians Biathlon officials who have gone on record of being quite upset, and the fans have been very mad.  Part is I think they are hoping on the male side that Loganov can stay in 2nd place, and with the race cancelled, that was a chance to further the gap between him and Fourcade.

13 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

why them and not in Russia

Trololol.gif 

On 13/02/2019 at 05:11, heywoodu said:

I still think a vast majority of the world's top-30 will be there.

Women top 30 not racing

#5 Fialkova

#7 Kryuko

#8 Oeberg

#15 Dahlmeier

#18 Starykh

#19 Brorsson

#22 Yurlova-Percht

So 23 of the top 30 will be racing.

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Women top 30 not racing

#5 Fialkova

#7 Kryuko

#8 Oeberg

#15 Dahlmeier

#18 Starykh

#19 Brorsson

#22 Yurlova-Percht

So 23 of the top 30 will be racing.

As expected, most will be there :p