website statistics

Biathlon 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Polish National Championships began in Duszniki-Zdroj yesterday.

Individiual Top 3 (45 secs penalty)

Women: 1. Kamila Cichon, 2. Monika Hojnisz-Starega, 3. Anna Maka

Men: 1. Wojciech Filip, 2. Jan Gunka, 3. Grzegorz Guzik.

Sprint races from today:

FOCq7u0XMAUyO2B?format=png&name=medium

FODJzMCXEAE0bQX?format=png&name=medium

Major announcement today:

• Belarus and Russia have been suspended from IBU competitions until at least September 2022.
  • Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland have provided and will continue to provide help to Ukrainian biathletes.  The IBU will also assist with finances for these training camps.

4 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Major announcement today:

• Belarus and Russia have been suspended from IBU competitions until at least September 2022.

While I try to refrain from rooting for anyone to fail, the ROC’s meltdowns in both relays in Beijing do have an air of schadenfreude to them.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, RobtheAggie said:

So I wonder how much the absence of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Korea and China will have on the Nation's Cup, and allocations for next season.

image.png 

I think that Ukraine, Belarus and Russia will all drop.  The question will be, will it be so far that they lose a spot.  I can see Ukraine doing so.  I do not think that Russia and Belarus will drop out of the top 10 for the women.

image.png

Russia and Belarus will most likely drop out of the top 5, and possible all three out of the top 10.

In Czech tv said that for Ukraine allocation for next season will be the same as was for this season.

3 hours ago, Triplecast said:

While I try to refrain from rooting for anyone to fail, the ROC’s meltdowns in both relays in Beijing do have an air of schadenfreude to them.

Meh. I can't remember what Latypov did wrong to deserve any schadenfreude (same for Mironova, who - if that even matters - has publicly stated opposition against the war).

Spoiler

Plus if it wasn't for Latypov testing positive, Erik Lesser would have had much fewer Russian followers who were subsequently told some actual news instead of Russian propaganda about the war when Lesser let Ukrainian biathletes take over his Instagram account :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!