website statistics

Biathlon 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Biathlon sure leads in retirements this year. I still don't understand how Hammerschmidt completely tailed off after her injury? Unless the tendon inflammation was chronic and basically a career-killer like Kournikova or Golovin in tennis before.

As per usual, it seems, especially in Olympic seasons :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

J.T. Boe has committed to 4 more years.

India hosted their National Biathlon Championship.

Tiril Eckhoff will return for next season.

Mari Eder might retire.  She is 34 and not sure she will continue.  She has also spent the past few summers training with the Belarus team.

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

:hyper:I'm from Karnataka and it doesn't snow anywhere in the state. I assume she may have been to some European OR North American country sometime in life to even know about the sport. Unless your in army and posted in J&K you wouldn't have an idea about the sport or get any chance to practice 

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

:hyper:I'm from Karnataka and it doesn't snow anywhere in the state. I assume she may have been to some European OR North American country sometime in life to even know about the sport. Unless your in army and posted in J&K you wouldn't have an idea about the sport or get any chance to practice 

I thought that it was odd that she even knew about biathlon.  We had a biathlete in 1988 from Guam, so stranger things could happen.

7 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

J.T. Boe has committed to 4 more years.

Tiril Eckhoff will return for next season.

Mari Eder might retire.  She is 34 and not sure she will continue.  She has also spent the past few summers training with the Belarus team.

Chloe Chevalier :FRA will also might retire, she said in an interview.