website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

She blames the (media) pressure, but how is that new for her?

The only thing that's new is the fact that this time she is required to perform at her absolute best and fight for titles, instead of just walking out and collecting golds.

It doesn't have to be new to 'hit' hard and/or reach a breaking point at some point.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A lot of self-appointed experts on mental health criticising Biles (and for that matter Naomi Osaka) over these games. I wonder what about them annoys people so?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

5 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

A lot of self-appointed experts on mental health criticising Biles (and for that matter Naomi Osaka) over these games. I wonder what about them annoys people so?

Because there are a ton of other sport stars who go out there and compete instead of bailing out under a 'mental health' reason.

Osaka will be asked the same questions about clay & grass next season IF she bothers to show up at Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Her sister revealed the truth on reddit so it's obvious it's just a hoax. People are easily annoyed when they are being lied to.

2 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I know it's sounds like bullshit, but my wife just told me that chinese media has reported that some "unnamed" foreign media has reported that Simone Biles has withdrawn due to the pregnancy. ????

If she had pulled out before appearing at the games then that could make sense - but pulling out mid team final because of that feels very unlikely.