7. :EST  - 226 - +1 World quota

8. :UKR  - 212

9. :FRA  - 205

10. :HUN  - 174

---

13. :CAN  - 156 - American quota

---

15. :HKG  - 151

It's really funny how :KOR  v :ITA isn't that important for both teams in women's épéé (I mean, it's a World Cup event, but still, they already have the quota), but a lot will depend on that match for other countries. :HKG can get the Asian quota if Korea will reach the final, and they aren't even in Kazan.  :lol:

Hm, I actually forgot to include us in Women's épéé, technically we can still qualify.... we just have to win the gold in Kazan, Italy has to win against Korea, and China has to win against France. Totally plausible, right? Especially the part about us winning the gold. :lol:

That's it for Egypt, they won't qualify in Men's épéé. We are down to 9 teams. Korea, Ukraine, China, Russia and Japan will fight for the last spots, one of them will miss. 

1. :FRA  - 355 - Q World quota

2. :ITA  - 276 - Q World quota

3. :SUI  - 268 - Q World quota

4. :KOR  - 262 - World quota

5. :UKR  - 256 - European quota

6. :CHN  - 238 - Asian quota

7. :RUS  - 231 - +1 World quota

---

9. :JPN  - 224

10. :USA  - 190 - Q American quota

1 hour ago, SalamAkhi said:

Ukraine wins to take 11st place. It means France needs to beat China tomorrow to qualify :whistle:

it's more complicated than that...

provided Italy won't finish the ranking among the top 4 overall (we need to beat the Koreans in the quarterfinal match and then finish at least 3rd tomorrow to overtake the USA), you need to score 22 points more than Estonia (who also are among the top 8 in Kazan and have the edge in case of a tie)...

but if ITA end up in the top 4 of the overall ranking, then you suddenly are qualified even if you end up tomorrow's event in 8th place (the worst case scenario)...

talking of women's Epee, of course, as in the men's event both you and us are already qualified with the full team quota...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's more complicated than that...

provided Italy won't finish the ranking among the top 4 overall (we need to beat the Koreans in the quarterfinal match and then finish at least 3rd tomorrow to overtake the USA), you need to score 22 points more than Estonia (who also are among the top 8 in Kazan and have the edge in case of a tie)...

but if ITA end up in the top 4 of the overall ranking, then you suddenly are qualified even if you end up tomorrow's event in 8th place (the worst case scenario)...

talking of women's Epee, of course, as in the men's event both you and us are already qualified with the full team quota...

I think you will overtake the USA even with a 4th place, unless I miscalculated something. With a 4th place you will have 290 points and the US is already done with 288 points. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

It's really funny how :KOR  v :ITA isn't that important for both teams in women's épéé (I mean, it's a World Cup event, but still, they already have the quota), but a lot will depend on that match for other countries. :HKG can get the Asian quota if Korea will reach the final, and they aren't even in Kazan.  :lol:

well, it's still an important match because it would eventually determine the quarterfinal's pairing in Tokyo...

so, for us losing to Korea could potentially mean that we have to face POL or even RUS in the olympic quarterfinal match (the Koreans still need to make the Gold Medal match tomorrow to overtake ITA in the overall ranking), meanwhile defeating the Asians would lock the ITA vs USA quarterfinal pairing at the Games (which is a lot better than facing another European team for us)...

not to mention how we could put France (or Ukraine) back in contention if we are 3rd (or better) and sneak in into the top 4 overall (fact that would break the Canadian hearts, I guess)

1 minute ago, phelps said:

well, it's still an important match because it would eventually determine the quarterfinal's pairing in Tokyo...

so, for us losing to Korea could potentially mean that we have to face POL or even RUS in the olympic quarterfinal match (the Koreans still need to make the Gold Medal match tomorrow to overtake ITA in the overall ranking), meanwhile defeating the Asians would lock the ITA vs USA quarterfinal pairing at the Games (which is a lot better than facing another European team for us)...

not to mention how we could put France (or Ukraine) back in contention if we are 3rd (or better) and sneak in into the top 4 overall (fact that would break the Canadian hearts, I guess)

Hey, you can also put us back in contention... we just need a literal miracle. :d

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think you will overtake the USA even with a 4th place, unless I miscalculated something. With a 4th place you will have 290 points and the US is already done with 288 points. 

Oh, yes...I miscalculated the points for a 4th place...you're absolutely right...:yes

and I also miscalculated Ukraine's score...because they have an awful 8 to discard, so today's 23 points are to be taken into account and so they go to 212 and France have to be at least 4th to overtake UKR...

35 minutes ago, phelps said:

If italy beats korea, and we are eliminated by china, we go to tokyo?