website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Yes, I also couldn't find anything regarding this matter. It seems that teams ranked 5th to 8th at the test event are not guaranteed of a spot at the Olympics - they need to have an all-arounder in qualifying position, and then the quota is allocated to the NOC (which can choose any athlete to go to the Games).

Well I think they're mostly safe now, with weaker nations to come (JAM, IRL, NZL) and already ahead of other 5 NOC's that have no reserved place (Algeria does), then I assume they're safe, but just barely... pity for Argentina and Puerto Rico, who are almost out

France and Germany should be safe, Spain should be out. I think Ukraine also will qualify. The 4th spot should be between Romania and the Netherlands. My money is on the dutch team here.

Is there a live stream for this event and if yes did someone watch the german team?

I almost cant believe our score. Hambüchen should bring us about 3.5 points (2 at high bar, 0.5 at floor, 0.5 at parallel bars and 0.5 at rings), so we might have the potential for at least 354 points if those scores were really "fair". The key today was pommel horse, where we scored 3 or 4 points more than we normally do.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

If Netherlands qualifies men's team they will end 88 years long drought, the last time they had a team was in 1928.

It's gonna be very close against Romania.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We have to be 2.224 points better than our score at the World Championships to beat Romania and take the 4th spot. This is how it is so far, compared with Glasgow 2015:

Pommel horse: +1.867
Rings: -1.400 (logical, without Van Gelder)
Vault: +0.334
Parallel bars: +0.534

Total: +1.335

Meaning we have to make up let's say half a point on average on high bar and floor. Zonderland should be able to clearly improve his 14.300 on the high bar in Glasgow, but I wonder how much risk he will take..

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Holy....Wammes going from 13.966 in Glasgow to 14.666 here and Deurloo from 14.000 in Glasgow to 14.925 here :yikes:

Those could be the scores that seal the deal for the team...if Zonderland does a normal job and if they do a normal job on floor..

And Zonderland going from 14.300 to 15.233....

Come on guys, just show something that's decent on floor..

Just now, mrv86 said:

They need 55.230 to earn that spot, and it is indeed quite possible :yes

If there are no weird problems or falls, they should easily pass that score, considering we have three gymnasts who are capable of scoring well in the 14's..

14.633 for Bletterman to start of, and that's not even one of the three who scored well in the 14's last year :d