website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

#7 Toyota out, #8 Toyota leads.

Lots of different leaders today! Definitely not a walk in the park for Toyota this year. Consistency and clean running may ultimately be their friend though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I didn’t realize that LMP2 was dropped from the WEC next season. I’m glad to read they’ll still use the class at 24HLM because it has been reliably chaotic and entertaining for a while now. HyperCar definitely breathing some much needed life into top end endurance racing thankfully.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

W Series put out of its misery.  Always thought it was a bit of a con, women did the glamorous driving bit, but no women did the difficult "get up at five in the morning and rebuild the suspense system" bit. 

W Series: All-female championship enters administration after failing to secure funding - BBC Sport

Well, most of the W Series regulars have jumped to F1 Academy since FIA basically created that women series under its own roof. W Series was destined to extinct after that series was formed. Jamie Chadwick is toiling as rookie in Indy Lights (NXT) where she has had many incidents so far and struggles to even crack Top 10 last time I watched. Dare I say it's gonna be nearly impossible to even find the next Simona de Silvestro among this Academy bunch. Danica Patrick was a marketing project even late in her IndyCar career and it went haywire after she chased the NASCAR money but that's water under the bridge now. Natalie Decker has crashed her way out of the NASCAR Trucks (and she failed the initial W Series driving test) and there's still Hailie Deegan in the Trucks who has had mediocre results for three years overall but she can sell the glamour looks. Guess the WEC Iron Dames are the current high-water mark for women in racing, Christina Nielsen is still doing IMSA last time I checked.