website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Well, VeeKay is making the news worldwide now... :p

Yeah that was....dumb.

His race was incredibly impressive in terms of his speed and positioning, still finishing in 10th and even being in the fight for more in that chaotic last part despite a drive through...but yeah. Damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Some red flags in the end as clowns arrived in town but Josef Newgarden wins Indianapolis 500! :clap:

I'm not specifically a fan of Newgarden (but nothing against him neither), but that was great to see :d 

It would have felt a bit....'meh' if the ever-anonymous Marcus Ericsson of all places would be a back-to-back winner. Although he did try to make some media lines by going all "it was so unfair!". Yeah, duh, you felt it was unfair because you were in the worst possible position for a 1 lap restart.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

The hype is settling in for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Down to three classes this year, but deep fields in each. Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot, Cadillac, Toyota, Glickenhaus, and Vanwall with HyperCar entries. NASCAR with a Garage 56 entry. Definitely the most excited I’ve been in a while.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For this being the 100th Anniversary of the first Le Man, they have done a piss poor job of promoting it. FIA should have been running a campaign for months leading to it, like for a blockbuster movie, as to make it a real big, big event. Especially now, that so many of the big brands have returned to the new top class and the win is not a forgone conclusion.

They couldn't even schedule it properly and it's going to play second fiddle to Roland Garros and the Champions League final. Is there a logical reason, or any reason at all, why it is not run next weekend? I would have understood, if it was the same dates like the first Le Man, but it's not even that, as that one was in late May. Also, we have a Moto GP round this weekend, which i probably say it every year, but can't comprehend how FIA still can't make a calendar, where there are no other races during the Le Mans weekend..

Anyways, hoping for a real battle and someone else, beside Toyota winning. Time for some change.

Well, there was a time that Le Mans was held on the same day as F1 Grand Prix (usually in Canada) but the main problem is how predictable the LMP class is with Toyota. The lack of genuine competition makes it an impossible sell for the masses. Then again FIA doesn't really promote endurance racing as a whole either.

This has to be one of the most dramatic and entertaining editions of the 24HLM in a long time…and I’m only following the race via the live thread on motorsport.com :p

Niche motorsport outlet Motortrend has the broadcast rights in the US. The cost isn’t terrible for the race, I just didn’t want to pay a for a month’s subscription for service I likely won’t use after today (gotta save that budget for the other major sporting events this year.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela