website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

I think coastal rowing maybe approved as a one off... Though they would have to agree to move to Tahiti... The current proposal has it being staged in Marseille 

I would really like to stop doing these one off things...

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

I would really like to stop doing these one off things...

It’s not a bad idea to increase local interest. Again, like everything else, there just needs to be a better, and more transparent process.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think coastal rowing maybe approved as a one off... Though they would have to agree to move to Tahiti... The current proposal has it being staged in Marseille 

Never understood why they hold it in Tahiti when Biarritz is a little bit closer to Paris....

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Never understood why they hold it in Tahiti when Biarritz is a little bit closer to Paris....

Best surfing venue in France, and one of the most important surging venue anywhere in the world. Also wrong season for Biarritz.

They could definitively hold surfing in Biarritz, but the opportunity to hold Olympic surfing in Tahiti is just too good to pass up. Athletes and surfing fans seem very excited about it.

Just now, Dragon said:

Maybe they could use Longchamps racecourse? Traditionally a lot of the big cross country races were held on horse racing tracks.

I'm thinking more of the Versaille Palace's garden...that would be an amazing place to host some Olympic outdoor events like a cross-country race...

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s really no good argument for why Squash isn’t already on the Olympic program.

Karate really should be a core sport as well.

Floorball has a lot more development needed, but it could be a great candidate one day. 

The problem with squash and karate is there are a lot of similar sports already on the programme.

Already 3 racket sports and 4 combat sports.

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I'm thinking more of the Versaille Palace's garden...that would be an amazing place to host some Olympic outdoor events like a cross-country race...

Not sure if you cpuld build enough grandstands without spoiling the view :p