website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

6 minutes ago, Dragon said:

By the way, female drivers in the 2 woman event are also allowed to compete in monobob at the Beijing Olympics so it won't really attract more drivers to the sport as it was supposed to.

It might help smaller programs like Slovakia, Liechtenstein, etc. though. They just need a decent driver, that’s a lot easier for them to do then fielding good brakewomen.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Have we got a full  list of all the proposed new events anywhere on this forum?

Only that list from ITG. The IOC (and IFS) are not required to publicly disclose their proposals.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Dragon said:

By the way, female drivers in the 2 woman event are also allowed to compete in monobob at the Beijing Olympics so it won't really attract more drivers to the sport as it was supposed to.

Yes, but since when women's monobob is held during World Championships or there are World Cup events? It isn't like 2 years? IOC shouldn't add new events so quickly, they should firstly check if this event will be really attractive and competitive. If there are like 4-5 nations which takes this event seriously, it isn't good for me. The IOC and IF's should somehow encourage other countries to participate or help introduce training programs to less "traditional" countries in already exisisting since many years men's events or two-man women's event first to make this sport more worldwide.

1 minute ago, rybak said:

Yes, but since when women's monobob is held during World Championships or there are World Cup events? It isn't like 2 years?

Women’s Monobob, at the elite level, didn’t exist until the IOC created it. The IBSF proposed women’s 4-man, but the IOC approved women’s monobob. To be honest, I don’t even know how involved the IBSF was in that decision... 

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

IOC shouldn't add new events so quickly, they should firstly check if this event will be really attractive and competitive. If there are like 4-5 nations which takes this event seriously, it isn't good for me. The IOC and IF's should somehow encourage other countries to participate or help introduce training programs to less "traditional" countries in men's events or two-man women's event first to make this sport more worldwide.

Sound advice falling on deaf ears at this point.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it's not popular in Asia, and it's not in the Asian Games program. only in the minor multi-sport events and almost only whenever Thailand hosts it !

as of today BMX freestyle had never been in the AG program. even Skateboarding only made it to the AG after IOC approved it for Tokyo 2020.

don't blame Asia for IOC's delusions :p

I'm not blaming Asia for that :d 

I just can't accept all those changes and adding to such unpopular and almost non-exisisting events to Olympic Games in such short time. Some rules should be introducted which events can be added to Olympic programm after an period of time, not all at once. By this Olympics can turn into X Games and can lost interest of some viewers.

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Women’s Monobob, at the elite level, didn’t exist until the IOC created it. The IBSF proposed women’s 4-man, but the IOC approved women’s monobob. To be honest, I don’t even know how involved the IBSF was in that decision... 

It's perfect example of adding all those nonsense events after rushy and unthinking decisions. 

8 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm not blaming Asia for that :d 

I just can't accept all those changes and adding to such unpopular and almost non-exisisting events to Olympic Games in such short time. Some rules should be introducted which events can be added to Olympic programm after an period of time, not all at once. By this Olympics can turn into X Games and can lost interest of some viewers.

I was kidding actually :d I just wanted to say that such thing is not really popular in Asia.

and yes I totally agree with you. these events should have decent World Championships for so many years in first place (with at least 40-50 NOCs participating) before even asking to be in the Olympic program.