website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hristov and Zairov, but no Kostova. Could that mean the reports about those 3 were only partially true? 

And can someone kick Azerbaijan out of sports for a while? They're worse than Russians :d 

They didn't even ban Hristov... Instead of getting a life ban he was again just suspended (for 8 years... but still).

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

They didn't even ban Hristov... Instead of getting a life ban he was again just suspended (for 8 years... but still).

This is the new rule, nobody gets a life ban, 4 years for the first time, 8 years for the second time ! (no idea about the 3rd time :d )

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Finally after MONTHS, IWF announced final decision about 10 more positive tests from 2015 World Championship, if we count the Turkmenistani guy who received his ban before, now 11 out of 24 cases are closed

interestingly while they banned 3 other Russian weightlifters, still nothing about Lovchev ?!

ALIGULIZADA Elkhan (m)
AZE 14.12.2015 14.12.2023 IC Nandrolone
ANGELOVA Silviya (w)
AZE 10.12.2015 10.12.2023 IC Dehydrochloromethyl- testosterone, Nandrolone
DADASHBAYLI Dadash (m)
AZE 21.12.2015 21.12.2019 IC Nandrolone, Boldenone
GULIYEV Firidun (m)
AZE 21.12.2015 21.12.2023 IC Nandrolone
HRISTOV Valentin (m)
AZE 14.12.2015 14.12.2023 IC Nandrolone
ZAIROV Intigam (m)
AZE 21.12.2015 21.12.2023 IC Dehydrochloromethyl- testosterone, Nandrolone
ANANIADOU Eftychia (w)   
GRE 21.12.2015 21.12.2023 IC Dehydrochloromethyl- testosterone
AFANASEVA Olga (w)
       RUS 26.11.2015 26.11.2019 IC Dehydrochloromethyl- testosterone
KOSOV Aleksei (m)
          RUS 26.11.2015 26.11.2019 IC Dehydrochloromethyl- testosterone
ZUBOVA Olga (w)
          RUS 27.11.2015 27.11.2023 IC Methenolone

seriously?! how about almas uteshov or Zhassulan Kydyrbayev or aliaksandr venskel? we had a total mess in 94 kg men's competition! none of them didn't suspended?!

and the saddest and craziest part is about lovchev case. after all this coming and going, they removed his record. still nothing!

is this delay because of waiting for the CAS decisions?!

Edited by amiry2j

29 minutes ago, amiry2j said:

seriously?! how about almas uteshov or Zhassulan Kydyrbayev or aliaksandr venskel? we had a total mess in 94 kg men's competition! none of them didn't suspended?!

and the saddest and craziest part is about lovchev case. after all this coming and going, they removed his record. still nothing!

is this delay because of waiting for the CAS decisions?!

IWF didn't announce them innocent, as I wrote in my first post, they only finalized 11 out of 24 cases. they only finalized cases about few countries with one exception Lovchev, which means his case is a bit complicated. for other counrtires like Kazakhstan, Moldova, Belarus and North Korea for reasons we don't know it takes too long.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

IWF didn't announce them innocent, as I wrote in my first post, they only finalized 11 out of 24 cases. they only finalized cases about few countries with one exception Lovchev, which means his case is a bit complicated. for other counrtires like Kazakhstan, Moldova, Belarus and North Korea for reasons we don't know it takes too long.

So what is the likely quota reallocation?

Such a disgusting and awful situation: I am thinking about this doping issue in our weightlifting team over and over and I can't figure out whose fault it is.:(:mumble: Coaches? Staff? Federation?:facepalm::facepalm:

1 hour ago, Il_qar said:

Such a disgusting and awful situation: I am thinking about this doping issue in our weightlifting team over and over and I can't figure out whose fault it is.:(:mumble: Coaches? Staff? Federation?:facepalm::facepalm:

your athlets are they 100% Azeri ?

On 6/11/2016 at 20:08, heywoodu said:

Hristov and Zairov, but no Kostova. Could that mean the reports about those 3 were only partially true? 

And can someone kick Azerbaijan out of sports for a while? They're worse than Russians :d 

Now, now, don't be jealous that she can lift more than you. :p

So, are the Azers banned from Rio now? If so, ha-ha, no Olympics for you (Kostova), traitor. :raspberry:

Edited by Federer91

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Now, now, don't be jealous that she can lift more than you. :p

So, are the Azers banned from Rio now? If so, ha-ha, no Olympics for you (Kostova), traitor. :raspberry:

Who says I'm not secretly a top weightlifter?

And I'm not jealous, Kostova being caught for doping is just too predictable :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!