website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

13 minutes ago, james89 said:

Is it top 2 guaranteed as long as they hit the standard? Does Rachel Cliff have a shot as well given she reached the Olympic Standard? Or has Canada agreed to only send 2 people per event?

Yup top 2 at trials (as long as they have the standard) + a 3rd discretionary pick by selectors. I didn't include Cliff's name because the IAAF has not confirmed her qualifying time as being official yet (it was a mixed gender race). 

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yup top 2 at trials (as long as they have the standard) + a 3rd discretionary pick by selectors. I didn't include Cliff's name because the IAAF has not confirmed her qualifying time as being official yet (it was a mixed gender race). 

Do you think Athletics Canada will be trying to send as many 3rd athletes as possible?

didn't know that about Cliff's race. Wikipedia and starting list showed she had met the standard. 

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess this is more typical Dutch weather. :water:

:d

The past weeks have been mostly a mix of pretty warm and very sunny days combined with these kind of wet and cold days :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Fajdek was close to not pass qualifications but he throwed enough good in last attempt, uff :thumbup:

And Anna Jagaciak-Michalska confirmed her quota in triple jump :clap:

Tymińska :facepalm:

Edited by rybak

10 hours ago, james89 said:

Do you think Athletics Canada will be trying to send as many 3rd athletes as possible?

didn't know that about Cliff's race. Wikipedia and starting list showed she had met the standard. 

I think so, if they show competitive readiness.  Athletics Canada approves Cliff's race, but ultimately the IAAF decides.