website statistics

Wrestling UWW Individual World Cup 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

@hckosice Salkazanov made the semifinals! he's gonna face later this afternoon the Russian Zhamalov...:cheer:

Slovakia...the new wrestling powerhouse! :rofl:

He and Akhsarbek are beasts ! The future glory and pride of "slovak" wrestling :d

Today's Men's Freestyle Semifinals

57kg
:RUS Zavur Uguev vs :IRI Rahman Amouzad
:ARM Arsen Harutyunyan vs :SRB Stevan Andria Micic

70kg
:RUS Chermen Valiev vs :POL Magomedmurad Gadzhiev
:TUR Haydar Yavuz vs :KGZ Islambek Orozbekov

74kg
:ITA Frank Chamizo Marquez vs :BLR Azamat Nurykau
:SVK Tajmuraz Salkazanov vs :RUS RUS Razambek Zhamalov

92kg
:MDA Georgii Rubaev vs :AZE Gadzhimurad Magomedsaidov
:RUS Alikhan Zhabrailov vs :BLR Arkadzi Pahasian

125kg
:KGZ Aiaal Lazarev vs :POL Robert Baran
:BLR Dzianis Khramiankou vs :RUS Shamil Sharipov

for a second I thought Chamizo is going to lose to the Turk, he was down 6-1 but then he changed gear and ate him alive ! :p everybody expects a Chamizo-Zhamalov final. Zhamalov won the Russian nationals surprisngly. if he wins gold here he will have a chance for Tokyo. he didn't face the world champion Sidakov but beat the guy who beat Sidakov. (I mean Tsabolov)

we have only one wrestler in the freestyle competition, 18 years old Amouzad who teched his opponents so far but will have an uphill task this afternoon against the World Champion Uguev. so many people here consider Amouzad the future Olympic champion, the next big thing. he won the World Youth title last year and this is still too early for him to beat likes of Uguev but that will be a very good chance for him to face such a quality wrestler.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Today's Men's Freestyle Semifinals

57kg
:RUS Zavur Uguev vs :IRI Rahman Amouzad

nice try :p this time 100% correct, yes he is known exactly as "Rahman Amouzad" here and nothing else. while UWW lists him as Rahman Mousa AMOUZADKHALILI

as I said he is suppose to be the next big thing, he is already very popular for someone at the age of 18!

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

nice try :p this time 100% correct, yes he is known exactly as "Rahman Amouzad" here and nothing else. while UWW lists him as Rahman Mousa AMOUZADKHALILI

as I said he is suppose to be the next big thing, he is already very popular for someone at the age of 18!

:d

however, I have a good teacher...:yes

Frank earlier today really got me scared...

the level of freestyle competition is bit lower comparing to Greco. simply because Europe is strong in Greco and we had more European wrestlers in this competition comparing to other continents.

Chamizo-Zhamalov will be the most interesting match for tomorrow. hard to say who is the favorite.

and Russia will have 4 in the final. they were undefeated today the 5th guy withdrew for injury probably

and Amouzad had a good match vs Uguev. he was competing with the World Champion but made a mistake and got pinned. I really think in a year or two he will be able to compete for the world title. but I don't think he will be ready for Tokyo and beside that considering his age his body will grow and he has to wrestle at 61kg or 65kg.

a VERY interesing point about 65kg bracket, Haji Aliyev and Gadzhimurad Rashiov will wrestle right in the first round! the last time they faced Aliyev ended up angry throwing everything to the refs :d this will be fun