website statistics

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread

Bearas

23 minuty temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

No, it features a stand alone flying event, and then pretty much a normal modern pentathlon.

I just wonder why this discipline includes a basketball skills show. What is this supposed to check? Jumping? Accuracy check?

Just now, TomJa said:

I just wonder why this discipline includes a basketball skills show. What is this supposed to check? Jumping? Accuracy check?

No clue. I just went ahead a forgot about this event if I’m being honest. They aren’t showing it on TV anyways.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

No clue. I just went ahead a forgot about this event if I’m being honest. They aren’t showing it on TV anyways.

Honestly, if it wasn't for this event, I wouldn't have heard about this sport.

Any idea where results and such can be found? There's no Wiki for this and the official Sarajevo website is...let's say, not very useful :p 

The Netherlands has been in the top of kickboxing for years, but I wonder how they do in this version.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Any idea where results and such can be found? There's no Wiki for this and the official Sarajevo website is...let's say, not very useful :p 

The Netherlands has been in the top of kickboxing for years, but I wonder how they do in this version.

Check WAKO. Full streaming and replays are available on their YouTube channel as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Check WAKO. Full streaming and replays are available on their YouTube channel as well.

Didn't find it on WAKO either :d Just the YouTube channel, but I just don't have the time to go through hours of this as well while I'm still catching up from the past few weeks :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

https://www.sportdata.org/kickboxing/set-online/veranstaltung_info_main.php?active_menu=calendar&vernr=626&ver_info_action=catauslist#a_eventheadend

Just now, heywoodu said:

Didn't find it on WAKO either :d Just the YouTube channel, but I just don't have the time to go through hours of this as well while I'm still catching up from the past few weeks :p 

Shouldn’t have taken a trip. I can’t go one day without spending time with my wife (sports :yes)