website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

oh my :cry: that was heartbreaking. that was probably our only chance to not finish 32nd

even against African teams the most important dubious call goes against us, they didn't show the replay but I think the black was OK and Iran got robbed of a win 

but that protest and technical foul was dumb anyway. we still could win the game without it. and CIV had something like 100% from the FT line. 

ps: what kind of coach starts a match with someone who plays only 2 minutes ? I still can't understand why this guy loves to start the game with bench players.

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I saw few test France matches, they did appear "wooden", they underperformed in all game segments. Having Thomas in roster would have benefited them, they looked much better with him playing, if i can remember correctly.

But yes, journalists would constantly ask political questions, rather than basketball ones. He would be under close observation and pressure, no doubt, but with decisive federation i am sure he would cope nicely with that pressure.

1) And you think that the head of the federation could just do his own thing and not follow the official political line without facing any personal consequences?

2) You think that the/any head of the/a federation would be willing to put his own career on the line for one player?

3) You think that the public/media would start asking questions if a player from a russian club can play for the national team, while companies are forbidden to export goods to Russia and while your country can't import things (energy) from Russia?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, nenad said:

Yes, I have watched the match and there was a replay of the situation. 

I watched it too and didn't see any replay that support your claim, the german commentators agreed with this. In the end Germany won, so this shouldn't be a big topic.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I watched it too and didn't see any replay that support your claim, the german commentators agreed with this. In the end Germany won, so this shouldn't be a big topic.

There was a replay from above and english commentators agreed with what was seen from that angle. 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

ps: what kind of coach starts a match with someone who plays only 2 minutes ? I still can't understand why this guy loves to start the game with bench players.

It's not that uncommon in FIBA to start with your not best 5. I've seen plenty of examples. 

48 minutes ago, nenad said:

It's not that uncommon in FIBA to start with your not best 5. I've seen plenty of examples. 

didn't notice that before (probably didn't pay enough attention)

maybe stronger teams can afford doing that but not the underdog team, when you are weaker, you have to start with the best you got to not fall behind too much early. in both games our startling lineup gave up a 10pts lead in 2-3 minutes. it just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:

I think people just focus more on the start and end of the game when in fact every possesion is of same value. But it's important to set the tone and how you finish of course, don't get me wrong. 

Anyway, not a single quality match today. Was hoping maybe Brazil can offer some sort of resistence, but start of the 4th for them was brutal. 

I'm already looking at matches for the last day of group stage and I can't find a single interesting AND quality game on Wednesday, it's a joke really. 

Good day for Africa.

Assuming no nation makes it to round 2, the fight for the Olympic quota will be interesting. It may come down to the :ANG v :SSD match. :CPV also has a good chance if it can defeat :JPN . :CIV unfortunately has :FRA blocking it from winning the group while :EGY has tough matches against :MEX and likely :NZL.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Good day for Africa.

Assuming no nation makes it to round 2, the fight for the Olympic quota will be interesting. It may come down to the :ANG v :SSD match. :CPV also has a good chance if it can defeat :JPN . :CIV unfortunately has :FRA blocking it from winning the group while :EGY has tough matches against :MEX and likely :NZL.

what if angola beats the dominican rep tomorrow?