website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Did Youtube algorhytm really connect Werloc woth TISC entries? :yikes:

Because I don't really remember playing Gebrasy, but I did open plenty of past entries when creating articles...

well, he was one of the SVK TISC Opening ceremony main stars if my memory serves me right :d

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Did Youtube algorhytm really connect Werloc woth TISC entries? :yikes:

Because I don't really remember playing Gebrasy, but I did open plenty of past entries when creating articles...

Well, that's crazy, but heck, free advertisement. If only they didn't pick tracks from 2014

Participating Nations at Festival of Music

Nation User Artist Song

:ARM Armenia

@kungshamra71 Serj Tankian Bari Arakeel
 :AUS Australia @Werloc Angus & Julia Stone Grizzly Bear
 :BEL Belgium @Olympian1010 Stromae Quand C’est
 :BIH Bosnia and Herzegovina @Wumo Zabranjeno Pušenje Možeš imat' moje tijelo
 :BRU Brunei Darussalam @rybak Zul Faden Cobalah Tuk Setia
 :CYP Cyprus @rybak Loukas Yorkas Mazi
 :ECU Ecuador @hckosice

Verde 70

LA TOQUILLA

Me tienes, Me puedes, me dueles

Palomita errante

:JPN Japan @Wanderer Mariah Shinzo No Tobira (My Life Is Big)
 :JOR Jordan @Wumo El Morabba3 Ma Indak Khabar
 :KEN Kenya @Dragon Nameless Coming Home
 :KGZ Kyrgyzstan @dcro Gulnur Satilganova Tuulgan Jerdi Saginuu
 :RUS Russia @dcro Shura Indecision
 :KOR South Korea @Vic Liu Lee Juck Don't Worry
 :SWE Sweden @Vojthas Herreys Mirror Mirror
 :THA Thailand @Wanderer The Petch Phin Thong Band Soul Lam Plearn
 :URU Uruguay @Cobi Jorge Drexler Todo se transforma
 :ZAM Zambia @Olympian1010 Witch Lazy Bones
 :ZIM Zimbabwe @Dragon Real Sounds of Africa Soccer Fan

Can someone added this into OP? :d 

konig: "Don't Be Ashamed of Your Language People"

sVDcq90.png

Whether peacefully or in a coup, Argenitian national jury has recently transitioned from "All About LDOG" to "All About konig" model. Indeed, while LDOG tended to get more recognition and thank-you notes from fellow participants, Argentina has now become a safe haven for konig's unique musical selections and preferences. Konig is no Videla, but beware of entering joke songs...

Q: How do you go about evaluating TISC entries? Do you use a specific system when picking out your Top 12?

A: I try to listen to all the songs at least 3 times, [before] knowing for the first time where are they from. There were cases of listening to all the songs ten times, for reasons of music and languages that are not common to hear in this part of the world. Sometimes it happens that a song I didn't like the first or second time, starts to be nice after some "accustoming". In very few cases, it is the opposite.

After 3 listenings (or more) I make 3 tables: the "sure top 12 songs", the "repechage songs" and the songs that won't be in the top 12. Another thing is that I watch the clip (if there one is) and give some more points if it is good, and only "deduct" points for what I call "joke songs".

Q: And what about the maximum 12 points? Can you recognize it immediately? Or do you take a certain amount of time before deciding on it?

A: Probably in one half of TISC, I recognize with the first listen. In the other half: there were TISCs where I needed to define it between two or three songs.

Q: Do you have a favorite music genre? Is there any genre you would like to hear more of on the TISC stage?

A: My favorite music genres are rock (of course I like some sub-genres more than others) and rap/hip hop, very difficult to see a song of this genre here, I count with fingers of one hand haha.

On the other hand, I hate reggaeton, salga and merengue (fortunately, we have very few examples of those genres). The pop is in a neutral place, but definitely, the classic pop songs in English from countries where English is not their native language are in the last places of my consideration, only defeating the genres I mentioned before.

Q: How important are lyrics to you?

A: Considering we have many types of languages and not being fair to, respect me, because I can appreciate easier the English, Portuguese and Spanish. I don't pay too much attention, only if there is a song of "unknown" language I like enough and I have the curiosity of what is saying... But I believe that you can enjoy a song without understanding the lyrics, that happened with the English songs when I was young.

Q: And finally... How can we get 12 points from konig?

A: Don't put a joke song (a song that is not serious about participating in this competition), have something original, something different from the common pop song of the competition, if it is rock or rap/hip hop better and.......DONT BE IN ENGLISH IF it is from a country where English is not the native language. Don't be ashamed of your language people.

If konig's musical preferences still feel like a jigsaw puzzle - maybe this will help. The Argentinian juror has outlined the following entries as favorites during the most recent editions...

Spoiler

Stay tuned for more user interviews to come, as we count down to TOISC 2020...

#banbestmen

It's crazy to think TISC has been ongoing now since 2013! It doesn't seem that long. Amazing :)

If we were Eurovision we would be as far as 1970, which is when they celebrated their 15th edition. Lots of history still to make :d.

Just for some perspective, here is a timeline of when we will celebrate some milestone editions:

TAISC 2018 - 10th edition

TOISC 2020 - 15th edition

TAISC 2023 - 20th edition

TOISC 2025 - 25th edition

TAISC 2028 - 30th edition

TOISC 2030 - 35th edition

TAISC 2033 - 40th edition

TOISC 2035 - 45th edition

TAISC 2038 - 50th edition

TOISC 2040 - 55th edition

TAISC 2043 - 60th edition

TOISC 2045 - 65th edition

TAISC 2048 - 70th edition

TOISC 2050 - 75th edition

TAISC 2053 - 80th edition

TOISC 2055 - 85th edition

TAISC 2058 - 90th edition

TOISC 2060 -95th edition

TAISC 2063 - 100th edition

TOISC 2065 - 105th edition

TAISC 2068 - 110th edition

TOISC 2070 - 115th edition

So at TISC Annual 2070, we will be celebrating our 114th edition around the same time as Eurovision are celebrating their 114th edition (barring cancellations of course) :d. @rybak I wonder will you still be following both contests by then :lol:

I wonder who will be hosting the 100th TISC edition in TAISC 2063. What an honour that will be :lol:

25 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So at TISC Annual 2070, we will be celebrating our 114th edition around the same time as Eurovision are celebrating their 114th edition (barring cancellations of course) :d. @rybak I wonder will you still be following both contests by then :lol:

I wonder who will be hosting the 100th TISC edition in TAISC 2063. What an honour that will be :lol:

I will try follow both contests only if I will be still alive and if Eurovision still will be held :lol: 

30 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It's crazy to think TISC has been ongoing now since 2013! It doesn't seem that long. Amazing :)

If we were Eurovision we would be as far as 1970, which is when they celebrated their 15th edition. Lots of history still to make :d.

Just for some perspective, here is a timeline of when we will celebrate some milestone editions:

TAISC 2018 - 10th edition

TOISC 2020 - 15th edition

TAISC 2023 - 20th edition

TOISC 2025 - 25th edition

TAISC 2028 - 30th edition

TOISC 2030 - 35th edition

TAISC 2033 - 40th edition

TOISC 2035 - 45th edition

TAISC 2038 - 50th edition

TOISC 2040 - 55th edition

TAISC 2043 - 60th edition

TOISC 2045 - 65th edition

TAISC 2048 - 70th edition

TOISC 2050 - 75th edition

TAISC 2053 - 80th edition

TOISC 2055 - 85th edition

TAISC 2058 - 90th edition

TOISC 2060 -95th edition

TAISC 2063 - 100th edition

TOISC 2065 - 105th edition

TAISC 2068 - 110th edition

TOISC 2070 - 115th edition

I'm truly sorry, but I'm not too convinced if I'm going to make it till TOISC 2070 :rolleyes: