website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

48 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

How did Papua New Guinea get the 3 seed in the -75kg? He's not event the best boxer in Oceania.

Yeah, that is pretty much the reason why Turkmenistan's 2nd seed in one of the categories might not be their first qualified athlete. Seeds might not be that reliable.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

17 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

How did Papua New Guinea get the 3 seed in the -75kg? He's not event the best boxer in Oceania.

nope, per this ranking (which is stupid IMO) he is the 3rd seed

http://d152tffy3gbaeg.cloudfront.net/2015/09/1-mens-7.pdf

btw, we already lost one boxer ! and another one barely beat Papua New Guinea !! :facepalm: I think even one quota will be a good result for such a weak team. I hope Mehrabi makes it at least.

This qualification is tough with just the first 3 in men and first two in women making it through .................... for india we have shiva and Mary Kom seeded first and vikas seeded second ... so obviously we would hope that these three would win the quotas ................ also since it would be really tough after this for the 91 / 91+ and 48 to get a chance at the final tournaments hoping that either  Laishram ( 48-)  or  Satish ( 91+ )  or  sarita in the pivotal 60 kgs make it giving us 4-5  quotas in this and then in the final events at least one more women and three more men make it to bring us back to londons 8 quotas 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Good to see Sarita Devi in this tournament, I thought she was still banned for not accepting the unfair decisions at the 2014 Asian Games..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Good to see Sarita Devi in this tournament, I thought she was still banned for not accepting the unfair decisions at the 2014 Asian Games..

Great video of sarita ...... outlining her struggles including the one year suspension .. which ended last year end .... she won a gold in the south asian games after that 

http://www.thequint.com/women/2016/03/05/iamshatterproof-a-fighter-never-gives-up

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

It seems we have to consider one quota for China in each weight :d they are unbeatable so far and even their unknown boxers are beating former world medalists. no stream but we know how things work in boxing :d so I think Navi and Gholami are already out as they have to face China in next round.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

It seems we have to consider one quota for China in each weight :d they are unbeatable so far and even their unknown boxers are beating former world medalists. no stream but we know how things work in boxing :d so I think Navi and Gholami are already out as they have to face China in next round.

Yes, that's the perk of being a host to AIBA competitions.

#banbestmen