website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm surprised they still exist under this name given all the frequent sponsor changes in cycling. I believe Francaise de Jeux is only other team that has kept the same name for more than a decade?

yeah like Direct Energie aka former Team Bonjour aka former team Brioches La Boulangere aka former Bouygues Telecom team aka former BBox Bouygues aka former Europcar Team :lol:

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm surprised they still exist under this name given all the frequent sponsor changes in cycling. I believe Francaise de Jeux is only other team that has kept the same name for more than a decade?

What about AG2R? It's always AG2R something but still AG2R. And it's like this from two decades I believe, maybe more.

14 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

What about AG2R? It's always AG2R something but still AG2R. And it's like this from two decades I believe, maybe more.

Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. FdJ, AG2R, and Cofidis are the only teams that stayed constant, since I started watching cycling around 2010. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

49 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about these guys. Not gonna lie, I still remenber Banesto, Kelme and ONCE as the top teams so I'm kinda behind schedule with all the sponsor changes and which "new" team is actually an "old" team with a new sponsor. @hckosice seems to imply Cofidis had some name changes in the last decade?

Lotto remained a fixture for over 20 years as well but they're gone now, right? Jumbo-Visma is more Rabobank or more Lotto?

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about these guys. Not gonna lie, I still remenber Banesto, Kelme and ONCE as the top teams so I'm kinda behind schedule with all the sponsor changes and which "new" team is actually an "old" team with a new sponsor. @hckosice seems to imply Cofidis had some name changes in the last decade?

Lotto remained a fixture for over 20 years as well but they're gone now, right? Jumbo-Visma is more Rabobank or more Lotto?

No, @hckosice was talking about a different French team. I can’t remember their current name, but they used to be Direct Energie.

Lotto Soudal is still in the field. 

Astana hasn’t changed names in the last decade either I think. I feel like Movistar has been around for quite a while too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Think Rabobank still exist as a local development Dutch team.