website statistics

Athletes from other Countries that you will support in Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

South Sudan in basketball

Pogacar in the Road Race - I just like the thought of the nutter trying to get the triple crown AND Olympic gold in one calendar year - the smiley Cannibal

Hannah Rpberts in BMX freestyle

Djokovic in the men's singles

My picks:

:MEX and :COL Diving athletes

:CAN De Grasse for the 100m gold

:ESA Uriel Canjura and :GUA Kevin Cordon (badminton)

:LAT 3x3 basketball team

:ZAM Chinyemba (boxing)

:CUB boxing and wrestling team

:CHI Vidaurre (mtb)

The :VEN Fencing Mens Epee team

:ISV Kruz Schembri and :PER Doig (Fencing)

:DOM football team

:HUN Mens Handball team

:USA Xander Schauffele (golf)

Table tennis the :FRA mens team, :CHN Ma Long and Wang Chuqin, the :IND womens team, :CUB and :ESP mixed team, :ECU Miño, the :CHI girls and :PUR Diaz

:DOM Bernardo Pie and :ESP Cerezo (taekwondo)

:NOR Blummenfelt (triathlon)

:POL and :SLO Mens volleyball team and :BRA womens team

Beach volley Mens :CUB Alayo/Diaz, :CHI Grimalt´s, :ESP Herrera/Gavira and :SWE Ahman/Hellvig

:NED Stam/Schoon (womens beach volley)

and for Tennis too many i put it separately:

Mens: :ITA Sinner, :ESP Alcaraz, :SRB Novak, :POL Hurkacz, :ITA Musetti, :GBR Draper, :SRB Lajovic, :SUI Wawrinka, :ITA Vavassori/Bolleli

Womens: :POL Iga, :USA Navarro, :BRA Haddad Maia, :JPN Osaka, :EGY Sherif, :COL Osorio and :BRA Pigossi

If i had to make a top 3 without order (and without tennis):

:CUB Diaz/Alayo

:NED Stam/Schoon

:LAT 3x3 basketball team

Posted (edited)

100% sure I'm forgetting many names, but off the top of my head:

:ESP Alcaraz

:POL Swiatek

:USA Gauff

:FRA Garcia

:NED Schuurs

:PHI Yulo

:IRL McClenaghan

:ALG Nemour

:MEX Moreno

:PAN Heron

:KOR Yeo

:USA Chiles

:FRA dos Santos

:GBR Downie

:CAN Black

:GBR Daley

:MEX Olvera

:PUR Díaz

Far too many in team sports but in the absence of Brazil I will be rooting for :ARG. Always wishing a great Games for other latin american nations + :IND.

Edited by vinipereira

Posted (edited)

Hard to make a list off the top of my head, but Noah Lyles and Sha'Carri Richardson are definitely both on it. I'll have to do some more reading on one of my favourite categories of athletes: those who tried many times, but always came up just short, ran into injuries, that sort of thing. I basically cheer for anyone in that category by default, no matter the sport. Not without reason that Noriaki Kasai's silver in Sochi and Gerard van Velde's gold in Salt Lake might be my favourite medals ever :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Obvious picks aka partners of Ukrainian girls: 

Luigi Samele :ITA (fencing)

Victor Montalvo :USA (breaking) 

Another picks: 

Alberto Gines Lopez :ESP, Janja Garnbret :SLO, Ola Kalucka :POL (climbing)

Canada's :CAN all basketball teams 

Arianna Errigo :ITA, Theodora Gkontoura :GRE (fencing) 

Seonaid McIntosh :GBR, Nina Christen :SUI (shooting)

Lana Pudar :BIH, David Popovici :ROU (swimming) 

Gaby/Stefi Stoeva :BUL, Carolina Marin :ESP (badminton) 

Jelena Ostapenko :LAT (tennis)

French :FRA men's table tennis team + Dimitrii Ovcharov :GER

Some that I can quickly list from my head (might update later)

Athletics:

:IVB Kyron McMaster
:DMA Thea LaFond
:LCA Julien Alfred

Swimming:

:BIH Lana Pudar

Artistic Gymnastics:

:PHI Carlos Yulo

Badminton:

:DEN Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen
:THA Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai

Weightlifting:

:GBR Emily Campbell

Lonah Salpeter, how could I forget her :d 

As always I'm hoping she'll get a well-deserved medal, especially after the Tokyo drama.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some athletes I particularly like are:

:BEL Nafi Thiam

:UKR Jaroslava Mahuchikh

:GBR Laura Muir

:CAN Summer McIntosh

:POL Bartosz Kurek

:POL Joanna Wolosz

:SLO Janja Garnbret

Purely coincidental that two of my favorite volleyball players are Polish.

Other than that I usually cheer for the Dutch or the underdogs.

On 7/6/2024 at 5:53 AM, heywoodu said:

Hard to make a list off the top of my head, but Noah Lyles and Sha'Carri Richardson are definitely both on it. I'll have to do some more reading on one of my favourite categories of athletes: those who tried many times, but always came up just short, ran into injuries, that sort of thing. I basically cheer for anyone in that category by default, no matter the sport. Not without reason that Noriaki Kasai's silver in Sochi and Gerard van Velde's gold in Salt Lake might be my favourite medals ever :p 

These are my favourite types of medal winners. People who were favourites to win medals at different stages of their career but just never did for various reasons. 

In Ireland, Sonia O’Sullivan is the all time example. 4th in 1992, sick in 1996 (when favourite for gold and reigning world champion), her silver in 2000 was such an emotional moment 

Posted (edited)

From athletics alone I'm a huge fan of Kenny Bednarek after following him on his YouTube channel. Comes from a really small town in rural Wisconsin, adoptee, really interesting story behind him. Love Noah Lyles especially when he stirred the pot with about the NBA, I mean he's not wrong lol. Tebogo, Simbine, Sydney Mclaughlin, Perez, Adeleke. Would absolutely love it if Nuguse upsets the apple cart in the 1500m, and overshadow both Kerr and Ingebretsen but can't see it. Would love to see Alex Rose win a medal in the discus for Samoa our near neighbours.

Edited by Joshi