website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Count

17 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

United States :USA wins 3,000th medal in Summer Olympic Games and Winter competitions combined.

Swimming medal winners Regan Smith and Katharine Berkoff hit the milestone for Team USA at the Paris 2024    Olympics.

No other country has won more than 1,500 combined medals.

Wrong, Russia has 2011 medals in their historical lineage.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Wrong, Russia has 2011 medals in their historical lineage.

Does it include all medals of "Unified Team" from 1992, even those who were not Russian? (At that time USSR already ceased to exist)

This is my only problem with this kind of calculation: it is fair to include Russian Empire, the pre 1991 USSR, and the pseudo Russian teams from recent Olympics (ROC/OAR etc.)

2 hours ago, Fer GUA said:

And with its smallest delegation since 2008 and 11/16 in size among all participations.  

My friend, I don't want to be a partypooper, but I'm wondering why does Guatemala, a country with pretty big population, have such a poor Olympic record?

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

5 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Does it include all medals of "Unified Team" from 1992, even those who were not Russian? (At that time USSR already ceased to exist)

This is my only problem with this kind of calculation: it is fair to include Russian Empire, the pre 1991 USSR, and the pseudo Russian teams from recent Olympics (ROC/OAR etc.)

For this particular statistic it does, though i agree, that those should be lineaged to the respective members, since as you mentioned it was not a direct successor to the USSR.

I have planned to make this proper distribution for quite some time, but never manage to find time.

Without them Russia fells below the 2000, but still above 1900.