tirtha22 got a reaction from Prashanth in India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020
Another Rawat who represented India in the 10 km walk event in Rio also has a similar story. Manish Singh Rawat is a part time waiter in Uttarakhand and wakes up at 4 am every morning, two hours ahead of his colleagues and starts his training. Rawat, who was at a time, working as a housemaid, tried to get a job in the Police in 2010 through sports quota, which could have given him a monthly salary of Rs 10,000 and get his events sponsored. Unfortunately, he was not given the offer. He does several part time jobs like acting as a guide for tourists to support his family.
Rawat earned his berth at the IAAF walking challenge in April by leaving behind 300 competitors. In the finals, Manish walked 20km distance with a timing of 1:21:21, where he beat four former world champions, three Asian champions, two European champions and two Olympic medallists.
tirtha22 reacted to nitinsanker in India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020
I saw so many lists for possible medallists so my listicle
Top 20 Medal chances for India( this is in no order )
1. 50m Prone - Gagan Narang - Medalllist last year in one of the Fort benning world cups 2015 , has the big occasion temperament
2. 10m Air rifle(m) - Abhinav Bindra - Big occasion shooter , is showing signs of a return to form ( in baku world cup was leading finals after 2 rounds by a big margin ), a gold medallist has the temperament to shoot ( only a fool would say that Abhinav cannot medal in Rio..... In case any of you want to dispute that )
3. 10m Air Pistol(m) - Jitu Rai - Bronze medal at the chongwon world cup - consistently has been in finals - One of Indias top hopes
4. 50m Air Pistol(m)- Jitu Rai - Currently Ranked world number 2 in this event , silver at the world championships - a class act
5. Skeet(m) - Mairaj - The only Indian who won a medal at the Rio World cup this year - currently ranked world no 4 ( never thought we would have a skeet prospect )
6. 10m Air rifle(w) - Apurvi - broke the world record last year , last years world cup final silver medal
7. Womens Badminton - Sania Nehwal - world championship silver medallist , in good form
8. Mens Hockey Team - Last two major tournaments - Silver and Bronze
9. Tennis Mixed Doubles - With Sania in the team we have one of the best women's players with a very small field just two good matches and you are in with a medal
10.Boxing - Shiva - A medal at the world championship .......
11. Boxing - Vikas - Indias finest boxer reached quarters of the world championship , is a world championship medallist
12. Wrestling - Narsingh - The only indian till now to win the olympic quota at the world championship , shows his class
13. Wrestling - Yogi- Missed the world championship due to injury but his form at the asian qualifiers was fearsome
14. Wrestling - Vignesh - Awesome form at the last qualifiers , again her form was so good
15. Archery womens team - Current world championship silver medal , has consistently been medal-ling
16. Archery womens individual - Deepika is a true championship so many medals , was immature last time in her first olympics , now is more mature
17. 10m air pistol ( w) - Heena Sidhu has been ranked world number one in 2014 was in fine form in the run up to the asian qualifiers
18. Womens weightlifiting - Mirabhai Chanu in the 48 Kgs has lifted 192 which puts her in the elite list of top 3-4 weightlifters, she has been consistenly improving in the last few months and I feel will reach the level of 194 or so at Rio ..that should fetch her a medal with some luck
19. Womens Vault - The fast improving Dipa Kramakar came 5th at the world championship , she has been getting a lot of support and will improve further , a medal prospect in gymnastics
20. Womens Badminton - PV sindhu - two times world championship bronze medallist is definately a prospect
tirtha22 got a reaction from Suneet in India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020
Indian last week performance summary
Opole, Poland: Men, 400m: Race 1: 1. Jakub Krzewina (Pol) 46.84s, 2. A. Dharun (Ind) 47.08, 3. Kunhumohammed (Ind) 47.09. Race 2: A. Lalith (Ind) 46.88s, 2. Mohan Kumar (Ind) 46.89. Race 3: 1. Sumith Kumar (Ind) 47.45s, V. Sajin (Ind) did not finish.
Women’s 400m (Indians in top 3): Race 1: Anu Raghavan (54.27s), 2. Priyanka Panwar (54.49), 3. Sini Jose (55.11). Race 2: 1. M. R. Poovamma (53.18s), Debashree Mazumdar (54.52), Jauna Murmu (54.75).
Bishek, Kyrgyzstan: Men, 100m: 4. Amiya Mallick (Ind) 10.84s. 4x100m relay: 1. India (39.92s).
Women, 100m: 2. Dutee Chand (Ind) 11.47s. 4x100m relay: 2. India (44.45).
Budapest, Hungary: Men's javelin throw: 1. Shivpal Singh (Ind) 76.74m, 2. Rajender Singh (Ind) 70.64, 3. Mark Schmolcz 70.19.
Women's javelin throw: 1. Annu Rani (Ind) 57.24m, 2. Suman Devi (Ind) 55.38, 3. Annabella Bogdan 54.65.
Chula Vista, USA: Women’s discus throw: 1. Rachel Longfors (US) 57.63m, 2. Krishna Poonia (Ind) 56.50.
tirtha22 got a reaction from nitinsanker in India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu sets new NR in womens 48kg with a snatch of 85kg in weightlifting selection trials for Rio Olympics
Mirabai Chanu equals Kunjurani Devi's NR in clean & jerk (107kg) and sets NR in total with 192 kg (85+107) at olympic trials
Mirabai Chanu & Satish Sivalingam to represent India at Rio
tirtha22 got a reaction from Smit in India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020
Dutee Chand , one of the medal prospects for India is practicing in Badminton academy of Gopichand in Hyderabad. She is facing mental pressure by unknown persons in the athletic federation and does not practice in NIS patiala which has ideal equipment and infrastructure for someone in athletics.
Who was online 143 Users were Online in the last 24 hours
- Jan Linha
- Siddhartha Talukdar
- Jack Gonçalves
- Vic Liu
- Ubaldo Coldagelli
- Deni Elmar
- Shravan Kumar
- Khadidja Aisha
- Adelina Milenova
- rohan sharma
- Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo
- Morten Jensen
- Houssem Felhi
- Arnoud Beldman
- Maxim Fastovsky
Who's Online 12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)