website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

8 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Kiripichnikova now it`s French. Jefimova, the one from Russia (because she is even younger from Estonia and also swims breaststroke), is probably already old and has no chance of winning medals. It's strange that she's still thinking about something.

Yes, it is about that "old Yefimova".

She did not apply for the neutral status until the last moment.

At the last moment she decided to try and get the status quickly. 

But she had only one week to get OQT. So she tried to go to Italy but all the entries deadlines passed.

So she went to Bahamas and expected to improve her season best for a second but failed.

9 minutes ago, avlar said:

Yes, it is about that "old Yefimova".

She did not apply for the neutral status until the last moment.

At the last moment she decided to try and get the status quickly. 

But she had only one week to get OQT. So she tried to go to Italy but all the entries deadlines passed.

So she went to Bahamas and expected to improve her season best for a second but failed.

She used to be a nice girl, although she was more of a "girl next door" type :P I remember that she had a conflict with Meliutyte years ago. Did Yefimova comment on the war in anyway?

Edited by copravolley

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

She used to be a nice girl, although she was more of a "girl next door" type :P I remember that she had a conflict with Meliutyte years ago. Did Yefimova comment on the war in anyway?

I did not hear nothing from her pro or contra.

A lot of athletes and coaches in russia are silent because they want to compete / train internationally.

But those who are not going to do this support the regime actively (Vaelbe, Karyakin, Valuev, Zhurova and e t.c.). 

I remember that battle in London 2012. Meliutyte was a real sensation of the Games.

But you are it is too late for her.

It looks like :CZE may benefit again from the reallocation ) @Jan Linha

Pentathlon Mariya Gnedtchik Women`s individual Veronika NOVOTNA :CZE Reallocation to another NOC
Pentathlon Anastasiya Prokopenko Women`s individual Anna JURT :SUI Reallocation to another NOC

1 minute ago, avlar said:

I did not hear nothing from her pro or contra.

A lot of athletes and coaches in russia are silent because they want to compete / train internationally.

But those who are not going to do this support the regime actively (Vaelbe, Karyakin, Valuev, Zhurova and e t.c.). 

I remember that battle in London 2012. Meliutyte was a real sensation of the Games.

But you are it is too late for her.

Unfortunately, Pilato is not as talented as Meliutyte to fight for gold in Paris. Pilato once seemed like a great talent when she broke the 50-meter world record. Then she was the 100 world champion in 2022 but with a rather poor time and a weak team. Actually, I wonder why there was such strong swimming in Ukraine - the times of Klochkowa, Lisogor etc, when there were very few such indoor 50-meter swimming pools. Once, when I was visiting a friend in Lutsk - sometime in 2017, I wanted to go to the swimming pool in the summer and it was only small recreational pool with many people. And Lutsk is a center of oblast city, so it's not that small.

1 hour ago, avlar said:

It looks like :CZE may benefit again from the reallocation ) @Jan Linha

Pentathlon Mariya Gnedtchik Women`s individual Veronika NOVOTNA :CZE Reallocation to another NOC
Pentathlon Anastasiya Prokopenko Women`s individual Anna JURT :SUI Reallocation to another NOC

Thanks for the good news. Czech federation mentioned that they are waiting for confirmation as Novotná is first below the line.  Let's see what they post today. 

2 hours ago, phlupke92 said:

Does anybody know something about shooting? AIN won 3 quota places but wir the new update they only invite the two female athletes. 

Will the male quota place be relocated?

Dzemesh AIN athletes quota reallocated to :TUR by Olympic ranking

On 6/26/2024 at 10:46 AM, Dragon said:

"The Belarusian Wrestling Federation reports with great regret that 9 out of 10 wrestlers selected for Paris will not take part in the Olympic Games by decision of the IOC, Abubakar Khaslakhanov will become the only representative of Belarusian wrestling."

Apparently also by their own decision, because more than 1 wrestler was accepted and invited, but most were declined:

EL9FjyS.png

Edit: I see I am mightily late with this information, sorry :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!