Germany 🇩🇪
India 🇮🇳
Turkey 🇹🇷
Slovakia 🇸🇰
Poland 🇵🇱
Canada 🇨🇦
Hungary 🇭🇺

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

If a country qualifies one man and one woman in individual events, can they also sign up for this mixed relay event?

No

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Great, they're going to win and they won't be in Paris (in the relay):roflmao:

It's a terrible thing. As you can see, in this relay it`s worth having a second option in case of a fall/injury or for tactical reasons. Maybe it will be possible to add second Italian couples who will individually have 3 walkers in 2 genders? In my opinion the World Championship gold medalist should have an additional place from outside the pool and then the 2nd Italian pair with the time from the ranking could enter. For now, these Olympic qualifications are very unlucky for us: Chamizo's humiliation recently and now Stano's stupid bad luck. This is slowly starting to irritate me.

Edited by copravolley

10 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It's a terrible thing. As you can see, in this relay it`s worth having a second option in case of a fall/injury or for tactical reasons. Maybe it will be possible to add second Italian couples who will individually have 3 walkers in 2 genders? In my opinion the World Championship gold medalist should have an additional place from outside the pool and then the 2nd Italian pair with the time from the ranking could enter.

No, there's no chance, rules are clear.

The mistake was not using other walkers to field a 3rd pair like Japan did as backup, Instead of having them compete in the useless individual race.

Amateurish mistake, here medals count way less than qualifying for Paris...probably even mixing pairs (Palmisano-3rd man, Stano-3rd woman) would have been enough.

Edited by Faramir

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It's a terrible thing. As you can see, in this relay it`s worth having a second option in case of a fall/injury or for tactical reasons. Maybe it will be possible to add second Italian couples who will individually have 3 walkers in 2 genders? In my opinion the World Championship gold medalist should have an additional place from outside the pool and then the 2nd Italian pair with the time from the ranking could enter. For now, these Olympic qualifications are very unlucky for us: Chamizo's humiliation recently and now Stano's stupid bad luck. This is slowly starting to irritate me.

I thing WA should have at least 2 separate qualifying ecents. It would fix the situations like Stano had. So sad for him (

23 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The mistake was not using other walkers to field a 3rd pair like Japan did as backup, Instead of having them compete in the useless individual race.

Amateurish mistake, here medals count way less than qualifying for Paris...probably even mixing pairs (Palmisano-3rd man, Stano-3rd woman) would have been enough.

That's what Spain did.

Three pairs with the strongest and mixing the favorites so if someone got unlucky they could secure the second spot

44 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I agree. The duo: Stano-Giorgi and Orsoni-Palmisano would easily qualify, while Fortunato and Trapletti would still win gold, which is especially important for this first (I would like to remind you that she is a 39-year-old athlete). Actually there will be 6 people in Paris: 3+3, but only 1 relay team will be selected from them. If Palmisano and Stano win gold in Paris, of course no one will remember it...

Three pairs will qualify based on the WA Ranking by June 30th. Currently 3 highest ranked NOCs (not those countries that already qualified at least 1 pair) based the fastest time achieved: :PER :POR :CZE

But still there will be some competitions to improve their time. I guess :GRE :USA :GUA :LTU :KAZ and maybe also :KOR will try to improve their times and qualify through the ranking. Although, I haven't found another event where will be the mixed relay event, I suppose they will be a part of some national championship?