website statistics

Slalom Canoeing COPAC American Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

It is only for the specific athlete. Trust me, our federation was already explaining this new rule at the European Games. One athlete can win only 1 quota and he can not select which event he want, this time it is automatically the first event he earned the quota (here the Canoe events are contested first - so it will be Canoe)

But if another athlete from Canada wins the K1, could Canada choose K1 and then the C1 quota would go to Argentina?

Edited by Pasolini

4 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

But if another athlete from Canada wins the K1, could Canada choose K1 and then the C1 quota would go to Argentina?

I think what @hckošiceis saying is that this is by athlete. If the same Canadian athletes won quotas in K1 their quota can count in C1, however a different Canadian athlete can qualify a spot in K1. 

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

I think what @hckošiceis saying is that this is by athlete. If the same Canadian athletes won quotas in K1 their quota can count in C1, however a different Canadian athlete can qualify a spot in K1. 

yeah, but on the continental championships, each NOC can only win 1 quota per gender.

54 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

Yeah that rule of 1 per gender max at continental qualifiers can be tricky to understand correctly, so let´s wait for the confirmation, but I still think the C1 will have priority as it was the first competed event won by Canada here...thus they mey really be inelegible in the Kayak at the end

but in other hands at the European Games all countries were eligible to win quotas in every event (assuming it was not the same athlete) and it was also a Continental qualifier...so who knows...

Edited by hckošice