website statistics

Slalom Canoeing COPAC American Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

So according to the qualification document, Canada is not eligible for the K1 quotas as a nation can only earn a maximum of one quota per gender.

Not sure if we are allowed to decline the C1 quota and get the K1 (assuming we finish first). We might have that situation with the women.

4 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

The official document says the priority is for canoe

image.png

That's if an athlete qualifies in both events, not what happens if a different athlete gets the K1 quota. I think, C1 still gets priority, but I'm not 100% sure.

Where all gates green ? I mean, I do not believe it is possible obviously, but one never knows. If really there were not a single upstream gate on the course :lol:  I do not see how the results will be considered as regular and would be counted :p

but, maybe it is just an issue with the live score system

image.png

9 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

The official document says the priority is for canoe

image.png

That is only for a specific athlete. If an athlete is in qualifying positions on both events the first competed event (here it is the C1) will be automatically considered as the event with the quota.

D.1.3.2 "For Canoe single and Kayak single events, the athlete quota places will be allocated first in the Canoe single events". 

On my understanding the canoe quotas will be considered first, so Canada is not eligible for quotas in K1.

5 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

D.1.3.2 "For Canoe single and Kayak single events, the athlete quota places will be allocated first in the Canoe single events". 

On my understanding the canoe quotas will be considered first, so Canada is not eligible for quotas in K1.

It is only for the specific athlete. Trust me, our federation was already explaining this new rule at the European Games. One athlete can win only 1 quota and he can not select which event he want, this time it is automatically the first event he earned the quota (here the Canoe events are contested first - so it will be Canoe)