website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

It’s Djokovic, I wouldn’t be counting him out at any of the slams, even with the hardest draw possible. 

Yeah, we've been hearing the 'it is going to get hard now' line just as often as the 'the next title will be historic' line :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Seidel won a game :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do they still do Game, Schett and Mats? Almost anything that replaces that would be good (although Kyrgios might indeed be an exception to that rule :p), but I assume that will be kept for the coverage outside of the matches...?

They still do, but it's called The Cube or something now. :p But it's still Schett, Mats, Tim Henman and now Kyrgios presumably giving his opinions.. 

12 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Jelena Dokic still struggling with weight problem. :question:

Didn't know about this (or much about her outside of the court), so this post got me reading a little bit....damn, what a story, and what an absolute waste of oxygen scumbag for a father :( 

Sabalenka looking superstrong. She is the main favorite here imo. The good thing for Iga is that such a situation may take some pressure off her.

And still - whatever, who cares - it’s only AO, not Paris Olympics heh

Edited by rafalgorka

13 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Sabalenka looking superstrong. She is the main favorite here imo. The good thing for Iga is that such a situation may take some pressure off her.

And still - whatever, who cares - it’s only AO, not Paris Olympics heh

Although would one really prefer the Olympic gold over a Grand Slam? :p (unless you've already got several Grand Slams of course)

I honestly have no idea anymore who are the Tokyo Olympic champions :d 

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Didn't know about this (or much about her outside of the court), so this post got me reading a little bit....damn, what a story, and what an absolute waste of oxygen scumbag for a father :( 

Her father marked her life in a bad way, for sure. I read his interviews in the past, he is control freak.

I hoped that she would continue her life normally but that father issue keeps coming. 

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although would one really prefer the Olympic gold over a Grand Slam? :p (unless you've already got several Grand Slams of course)

I honestly have no idea anymore who are the Tokyo Olympic champions :d 

I would prefer Olympic gold.

you can win this one once in 4 years, you can win GS 4 times in one year

i think here in Poland more people would cherish her winning Olympic singles gold in Paris than winning another GS title

winning Roland Garros GS title this season may be easier for her because the pressure will be less even if you remember that Sabalenka and Russians may not be there at the olympics

Edited by rafalgorka

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

I would prefer Olympic gold.

you can win this one once in 4 years, you can win GS 4 times in one year

i think here in Poland more people would cherish her winning Olympic singles gold in Paris than winning another GS title

winning Roland Garros GS title may be easier for her because the pressure will be less even if you remember that Sabalenka and Russians may not be there at the olympics

Yeah, probably it's something with mixed feelings among athletes: for sure some will prefer Olympic gold, for sure some will prefer a Grand Slam, and I think a lot would say it's 50/50. Kind of like the Four Hill Tournament in ski jumping being an arguably more cherished prize than Olympic gold, but of course also there not every athlete will agree (same in road cycling, kind of).

Best option is to just win both :d 

Edited by heywoodu