website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 hour ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Exactly yes. Italy traded a spot with men's 25 m rapid fire pistol. I'm just expecting how did this happen.

Nations are allowed to make one trade. Usually a trade happens because an athlete qualified in two events thus they have an extra quota, but that is not the case for Italy. I'm guessing they really wanted a rapid fire pistol athlete and were willing to give up a quota.

40 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Nations are allowed to make one trade. Usually a trade happens because an athlete qualified in two events thus they have an extra quota, but that is not the case for Italy. I'm guessing they really wanted a rapid fire pistol athlete and were willing to give up a quota.

Which quota? 50 m pistol?

I think Giordano will be selected , he' s the only italian pistol shooter good enough in both 50m and 10m.Anyway quite strange the change of quota, i would have changed with 2nd trap woman shooter but in Italy shotgun has a different federation so it would have been impossible.

Edited by Andry84

vor 17 Stunden schrieb JoshMartini007:

I know it was mentioned in parts, but here are the traded quotas based on the update.

Egypt (women’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s trap)

India (men’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s trap)

Italy (men’s 50m pistol to men’s 25m rapid fire pistol)

Kazakhstan (men’s trap to women’s trap)

South Korea (men’s 10m air pistol to women’s 10m air rifle)

Qatar (men’s 50m rifle 3 positions to men’s skeet)

Russia (women’s 10m air pistol to women’s skeet)

Slovenia (women’s 10m air pistol to women’s 10m air rifle)

Sweden (women’s 10m air rifle to men’s double trap)

Switzerland (women’s 10m air rifle to men’s 50m rifle 3 positions)

China and Germany also traded quotas, but they also declined a quota. Regardless China has lost an athlete quota in men’s 50m pistol and women’s 50m rifle 3 positions and gained an athlete quota in men’s 50m rifle prone. Similarly Germany lost quotas in men’s 50m rifle 3 positions and women’s 10m air rifle and gained an athlete quota in women’s 25m pistol.

Sorry, if the question might seem stupid, but i hope that i understood you wrong. Are you really saying that we gave away 2 quota places for only one quota place in exchange? This doesnt seem like something that any person in their right mind would do ... Is there any good reason for not using the other quota place (the one we didnt exchange for the one in womens 25 m pistol)? We couldve just nominated another athlete and then we couldve decided shortly before the start of the competition which athlete we want to "use" ... !? In addition to that: Why didnt we echange the other quota place as well? Were there no other "open" quota places that were given back by other nations?

All of this seems completely stupid, i hope that i understood you wrong.

Note: Of course i am very happy that Karsch will get a chance to fight for 1-2 medals in Rio ...

Note: Wenzel (womens skeet) and Löw (mens double trap) have been nominated for Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sorry, if the question might seem stupid, but i hope that i understood you wrong. Are you really saying that we gave away 2 quota places for only one quota place in exchange? This doesnt seem like something that any person in their right mind would do ... Is there any good reason for not using the other quota place (the one we didnt exchange for the one in womens 25 m pistol)? We couldve just nominated another athlete and then we couldve decided shortly before the start of the competition which athlete we want to "use" ... !? In addition to that: Why didnt we echange the other quota place as well? Were there no other "open" quota places that were given back by other nations?

All of this seems completely stupid, i hope that i understood you wrong.

Note: Of course i am very happy that Karsch will get a chance to fight for 1-2 medals in Rio ...

Note: Wenzel (womens skeet) and Löw (mens double trap) have been nominated for Rio.

Nations are only allowed to trade/swap one quota. So originally Germany had six men’s rifle athlete quotas and four women’s rifle athlete quotas, but they only chose five and three athletes respectively (Daniel Brodmeier and Barbara Engleder will compete in two events). Since they are allowed to make one trade they used it to gain a spot in women’s 25m pistol. However they are forced to decline the other athlete quota.

Edited by JoshMartini007