website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Damn, time for everyone to move to Denmark it seems? :p 

That salary seems insane, and reading about a 50% income tax doesn't make the salary any less insane. I guess products in the supermarket are significantly more expensive than in other countries as well?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, time for everyone to move to Denmark it seems? :p 

That salary seems insane, and reading about a 50% income tax doesn't make the salary any less insane. I guess products in the supermarket are significantly more expensive than in other countries as well?

The median salary is quite a bit lower. My salary is about 2500 less (not counting quarterly bonuses) and I'm still pretty clearly in the top half :p

Slovak police has a certain sense of humor, you must confirm :p

They quoted a let say "suspicious message" basically a clear scam attempt looking for a victim with this funny answer

"Hi, hello, we are interested. Can you please call us on 158"   158 is obviously the Police emergency call number in Slovakia :lol:

315093647_454354426829283_53861675602576

12 hours ago, rybak said:

Interesting fact, which seems wasnt noticed by anyone and anywhere, but two days ago world population officialy reached 8 billion people.

Not so much a fact, as a piece of propaganda.  Nobody can possibly know the population of the world. We in :GBR have not the faintest clue what our true population is.  Do you think Mauretania or Yemen have more accurate, up-to-the minute figures? 

51 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Not so much a fact, as a piece of propaganda.  Nobody can possibly know the population of the world. We in :GBR have not the faintest clue what our true population is.  Do you think Mauretania or Yemen have more accurate, up-to-the minute figures? 

Not so much a fact and neither a piece of propaganda, as a piece of an extrapolated statistical best estimate.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!