website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

@Kirkpatrick Is the Eurosport Player working fine for you as well now?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, my parents are renovating our house currently. That means I have to completely clean out my room, which I’ve never really done since I’ve been born. It’s not a problem for me, and I’ve enjoyed finding a bunch of old stuff. My recent has really perplexed me though. I’m posting pictures below. I don’t have the slightest memory as to how I came to own this, and I’d appreciate any help in identifying it. My family has no history (on either side) in Eastern Europe, but my grandfather often brings me back things from his travels (he’s been to probably 75-100 countries). I would assume it’s Soviet (duh), but I thought the double eagle was more of a Polish/Austrian thing (Albania too). I would also like to know if any of the pins mean anything special, or if any of the sports pins are from big events. I’d really appreciate the help.39CB0079-37D9-4B4A-9E2F-B82F4B08B3E2.jpegDD0399B8-1C7D-438E-8463-4D93A1B1E66D.jpegCE3FD3CF-9B4A-45F6-9548-2E1AF1C311F6.jpeg

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I think it has something to do with @Sindo limits (which is fine). 

The crest on the double eagle is of a horseback rider stabbing a dragon (serpent?, dragon/dog?) with a long spear.

A lot of the Athletics pins feature the following word “РАЗРЯД”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So, my parents are renovating our house currently. That means I have to completely clean out my room, which I’ve never really done since I’ve been born. It’s not a problem for me, and I’ve enjoyed finding a bunch of old stuff. My recent has really perplexed me though. I’m posting pictures below. I don’t have the slightest memory as to how I came to own this, and I’d appreciate any help in identifying it. My family has no history (on either side) in Eastern Europe, but my grandfather often brings me back things from his travels (he’s been to probably 75-100 countries). I would assume it’s Soviet (duh), but I thought the double eagle was more of a Polish/Austrian thing (Albania too). I would also like to know if any of the pins mean anything special, or if any of the sports pins are from big events. 39CB0079-37D9-4B4A-9E2F-B82F4B08B3E2.jpegDD0399B8-1C7D-438E-8463-4D93A1B1E66D.jpegCE3FD3CF-9B4A-45F6-9548-2E1AF1C311F6.jpeg

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I think it has something to do with @Sindo limits (which is fine). 

The crest on the double eagle is of a horseback rider stabbing a dragon (serpent?, dragon/dog?) with a long spear.

Maybe @Vojthas @dareza @dcro @Federer91 could help me here?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So, my parents are renovating our house currently. That means I have to completely clean out my room, which I’ve never really done since I’ve been born. It’s not a problem for me, and I’ve enjoyed finding a bunch of old stuff. My recent has really perplexed me though. I’m posting pictures below. I don’t have the slightest memory as to how I came to own this, and I’d appreciate any help in identifying it. My family has no history (on either side) in Eastern Europe, but my grandfather often brings me back things from his travels (he’s been to probably 75-100 countries). I would assume it’s Soviet (duh), but I thought the double eagle was more of a Polish/Austrian thing (Albania too). I would also like to know if any of the pins mean anything special, or if any of the sports pins are from big events. I’d really appreciate the help.39CB0079-37D9-4B4A-9E2F-B82F4B08B3E2.jpegDD0399B8-1C7D-438E-8463-4D93A1B1E66D.jpegCE3FD3CF-9B4A-45F6-9548-2E1AF1C311F6.jpeg

The Eagle is Russia's coat of arms (Saint George on the shield) ;)

Just now, Agger said:

The Eagle is Russia's coat of arms (Saint George on the shield) ;)

Okay, too many countries use the double eagle :p. I assume it’s Soviet, but I’m so confused. I’ve never been to Russia (and no one in my family has)

Just now, Dmitry said:

The double eagle is the current Russian coat of arms.

The crest on the double eagle is of a horseback rider stabbing a dragon is a coat of arms of Moscow

Any clue as to what the Russia word is? Does the number 3 mean anything? 

There’s also a pin on the side that depicts a “Viking” ship with the word Novgorod going vertical, and with what looks like an old Norwegian word going horizontal.