website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Griff88 I was watching some behind the scenes coverage from rehearsals for the opening “dance” at the 2018 Asian Games. I noticed not all the girls wore hijabs when in their gym clothes. I was wondering if some muslims don’t wear it, or if they’re just a different religion.

It's just the "costume" which requires head covering... The dance is a modification of the traditional one from Aceh...

Not all Muslim women cover their heads here (despite it is "trending") unless they live in Aceh, where it is compulsory.

8 hours ago, Griff88 said:

It's just the "costume" which requires head covering... The dance is a modification of the traditional one from Aceh...

Not all Muslim women cover their heads here (despite it is "trending") unless they live in Aceh, where it is compulsory.

Aceh is the district that imposed strict Shria Law right?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Guys, I need some help. I'm helping someone with a quiz (where one can use every possible resource, including the entire internet, specifically mentioned in the rules) and there's this question that I guess someone here might help with:

Spoiler

H8bY7X7.png

"Which sports use the following items?"

I know 1 is snooker and 4 is darts, the others I don't know. 5 kinda looks like pelota to me, but I saw it's not really the same..

An answer in a spoiler would be appreciated, don't know how spoilers work here, but I know there are forums where what's inside a spoiler isn't easily googled :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Guys, I need some help. I'm helping someone with a quiz (where one can use every possible resource, including the entire internet, specifically mentioned in the rules) and there's this question that I guess someone here might help with:

Hide contents

H8bY7X7.png

"Which sports use the following items?"

I know 1 is snooker and 4 is darts, the others I don't know. 5 kinda looks like pelota to me, but I saw it's not really the same..

An answer in a spoiler would be appreciated, don't know how spoilers work here, but I know there are forums where what's inside a spoiler isn't easily googled :p 

3 is boxing is it not?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

2 is Bails from Cricket

Just now, dcro said:

You can search Google using pictures  (see Searching). :p

That doesn't work so well: 5 refers to bowling equipment and a shitload of table tennis paddles :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

3 is boxing is it not?

It does look like some sort of glove to me, but every glove I've searched (from boxing to MMA to archery) seems totally different..

Edit: It is....

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, heywoodu said:

It does look like some sort of glove to me, but every glove I've searched (from boxing to MMA to archery) seems totally different..

What about Muay or Kickboxing?

Or karate! It looks similar from what I can picture.

Edited by Olympian1010

Just now, heywoodu said:

Reveal hidden contents

So 5 then...What’s odd is that I’m pretty sure in my days of Wikipedia wandering I’ve seen this. I checked the racquet sports, but no luck (Basque Pelota being the strongest candidate so far). I’d say there’s a good possibility that it might not be a racquet.