website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah it looks pretty bad. I'm not sure what the weather looks like in the coming days, but there's a rest day they could play or even have three matches in one day (8am, 1pm, 6pm start times).

As mentioned before, cricket does need two venues if it ever joins the Olympics to avoid this situation (unless we have something like 6-team tournaments).

They couldn't have had an indoor bowl out competition?

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I’m not sure cricket is “Olympics-ready” if this is the kind of result that can happen. Indonesia did the footwork winning their preliminary match and then were automatically bounced by a weather cancellation. Not a great look for the sport, in my opinion.

Actually for group stage matches, abandoned games fetching shared points is fine, but for knockout games there should be provision for reserve days.

In any case, major cricket tournaments shouldn't be held during peak rainy season as the entire ground has to be dry for a proper game

27 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

As mentioned before, cricket does need two venues if it ever joins the Olympics to avoid this situation (unless we have something like 6-team tournaments).

LA doesn’t have any international standard venues, I believe there are plans to build a new cricket stadium in Irvine (South of LA in Orange County), but if two are really necessary, then LA28 would have to cross their much touted “no-build” mantra.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:THA:KGZ in a very close battle for advancement in semifinal A (assuming top 9 advance to the final) heading into the laser run.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Not the best advertisement for Cricket with games being decided without a ball being bowled . The organisers should have either kept reserve days or changed format into groups. 
This is one of Cricket’s biggest de-merits that it cannot be played in rain, for an outdoor sport that is always a challenge. 
If it does make it to LA 28 programme I hope ICC and LOC sits down together to find reserve days/ formats keeping the weather conditions in mind. 

3 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Not the best advertisement for Cricket with games being decided without a ball being bowled . The organisers should have either kept reserve days or changed format into groups. 
This is one of Cricket’s biggest de-merits that it cannot be played in rain, for an outdoor sport that is always a challenge. 
If it does make it to LA 28 programme I hope ICC and LOC sits down together to find reserve days/ formats keeping the weather conditions in mind. 

don't worry for LA 2028

in July/August there's no chance of a single minute of rain out there