website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

It was going on for at least a month before any news came out.

But in the first days it wasn't that clear yet it could potentially be this damaging. At the end of December news came out already with less than 30 confirmed cases in Wuhan and a day or two later, the market was closed, followed by pretty strong lockdowns not that much later (and the WHO being informed early January as well).

If it started in September and it went 'international' in terms of news when it did I'd be more angry, but even as someone who thinks China is rather shady at best with these things, I don't think their initial response was all that bad.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 new cases already today in Poland, definitely the biggest jump so far. The total is 47, no deaths so far but that'probably just a matter of time so far. I have a really bad feeling we're going to end up as Italy 2.0 :(

Our government claims they're doing everything they can, and locking the borders but I can tell you right now it's a total lie. I have personally crossed our border with Czechia 4 times yesterday and not once have I been stopped at the border. Also, more and more doctors claim they're running out of tests and supplies, so I guess the "best" is still to come.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But in the first days it wasn't that clear yet it could potentially be this damaging. At the end of December news came out already with less than 30 confirmed cases in Wuhan and a day or two later, the market was closed, followed by pretty strong lockdowns not that much later (and the WHO being informed early January as well).

If it started in September and it went 'international' in terms of news when it did I'd be more angry, but even as someone who thinks China is rather shady at best with these things, I don't think their initial response was all that bad.

To be fair, if there had been only 30 cases by the end of December, than none of this would have happened...

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

To be fair, if there had been only 30 cases by the end of December, than none of this would have happened...

'confirmed cases' :p 

I just read a news item from 31 December where they mentioned 27 (confirmed) cases. At the very least China put millions and millions of people in lockdown relatively early, we are still doing almost literally nothing (the Netherlands, that is).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

16 new cases already today in Poland, definitely the biggest jump so far. The total is 47, no deaths so far but that'probably just a matter of time so far. I have a really bad feeling we're going to end up as Italy 2.0 :(

Our government claims they're doing everything they can, and locking the borders but I can tell you right now it's a total lie. I have personally crossed our border with Czechia 4 times yesterday and not once have I been stopped at the border. Also, more and more doctors claim they're running out of tests and supplies, so I guess the "best" is still to come.

The health minister said he expects the number to rise to 1,000 within the next 7 days already...

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

It is because at the beginning government enforce the policy "No Test No Patient" and then required a very strict requirement to take a test because of the shortage of test kits. But sadly the story repeated in many places again...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

in Italy all the online shopping sites (especially the main 2: Esselunga Supermarkets and Amazon Prime Now) have gone tilt! :yikes:

if you try to connect to those sites, it may well be impossible for hours during the day...and if you're so lucky you can make your shopping, delivery is scheduled only 10/12 days later!:yikes: :facepalm: :wall:

we're told not to move, to use those online service and they're dead and gone...requests are over by 500%+ than usual and they don't even know how to face such increased demand...

and if you need some fresh vegetables and fruit and milk (all things you can't store for weeks, you always need to buy only what you really use in a short period, otherwise they go bad before you can even touch them), there's no chance you get them in a reasonable span...

I fear it's gonna be a very long month of March...:cry:

The main online shopping site has about 50.000 people queueing.

Was around the shop half an hour ago. Luckily not so bad and only a few goods were looking low in stock, but other places it sounds worse.

We should be having plenty of goods to make it work out for a long time, but some people will be meeting empty shelves from time to time, if people doesn't stop panic buying.