website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Just now, Agger said:

And Norway pretty much closing down as well.

No official word on RAW AIR yet but I'm guessing the winners for this year can be set in stone as of now?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Funnily enough, since March 10th was Lithuania's 30th Independent birthday and March 11th was Independence day, I was on stage less than 16 hours ago in front of a massive crowd and I shook at least 40 hands yesterday.

So this whole panic mode that started just this morning seems extremely ridiculous and makes me wonder that we didn't officially close down anything earlier simply because we were preparing for our national celebration.

That final big bang of everybody being together and having a good time before the virus hysteria takes everything away :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No official word on RAW AIR yet but I'm guessing the winners for this year can be set in stone as of now?

Seems very likely though the only I've seen about events is no events with more than 50 in Oslo.

New radical measures added after todays special crisis meeting to the already existing 14 days bans of all sports, cultural, social and religious events in the country

All Schools and international airports will be closed, compulsory quarantine for anyone coming from the risk area

All three international airports in the country will be closed, No single plane will be allowed to go or land at our 3 International Airports in Bratislava, Košice and Poprad.

Borders Checks will be reinstaled in place at border crossing points with :AUT:HUN  :UKR:POL and :CZE with only the large border crossing points open, the smaller crossing borders will be closed. International transport will stop to and from the country except for supply.

National trains in the country will operate in holiday mode.

The crisis team has also decided on mandatory 14 days quarantine for anyone arriving in Slovakia from a risk area. Until now, quarantine has been mandatory only for travelers from Italy, China, Iran and South Korea.

From Monday morning all schools and school facilities (without exceptions) will be closed all over in the country. The country will also close all social and cultural facilities, bars, restaurants :yikes:, ski resorts and wellness centers and aquaparks.

The Operation of shopping centers will be limited, with only foodstuff, medicines and drugstores can be bought over the weekend.

Since this morning the country is under state of emergency.

Source in SVK https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/772076/koronavirus-skoly-aj-letiska-zatvoria-povinna-karantena-bude-pre-kazdeho-kto-pride-z-rizikovej-oblasti/

16 Confirmed cases so far (Already +6 Today !!!)

+5 Slovaks (+1 today, 1 woman)  in Austria

+2 Slovaks in Bali

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What's the problem with VPNs? :d

Was a bad joke attempt :p since the mobile oprators of the country provided to the authorities the datas of their customers to know who was in the risk areas in the last couple of weeks, from first investigations, it looks like only around 8000 peoples from Bratislava were in Italyfrom 17th February lol. They will all be ordered to stay in 14 days quarantine altogether with their family relatives now...https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/772133/koronavirus-8000-bratislavcanov-mohlo-byt-v-taliansku-od-polovice-februara-tvrdi-vallo/

So I was joking to remove the Italian or so VPN to not be somehow wrongly included in that group ..I know bad joke :p

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Slovakia having the same measures as Italy is a little bit of an overreaction...

I agree on one hand, but on the other hand it starts to look like that's kind of the only way to not become the next Italy.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

New precautions in the Netherlands:

- Everyone who is having mild symptoms should stay home and avoid social contacts while awaiting how his/her situation will develop (until today this advice - it's only a strong advice - was for the province of Brabant)

- All events and things where more than 100 people get together, will be cancelled in the entire country

- Everyone is asked to work from home as much as possible

- Strong question to keep visits to the elderly and otherwise vulnerable people to a minimum

- Don't travel abroad