website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

First three cases in Kyrgyzstan, meaning COVID-19 - after 200k or so confirmed cases worldwide in 160+ countries - has now made it's way to where the Black Death started.

https://tass.com/world/1131599

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile we're officially at more than 1000 in Denmark. In reality, it is estimated to be at least 10 times higher.

The more interesting number is 129 hospitalized. 24 in ICU.

The testing is expected to intensify very soon.

Meanwhile testing with the drug remdisivir will be tested in Denmark like it is in other countries. 

Hungary is taking some extreme measures....

• Loan payments are suspended until the end of the year for all private individuals and businesses who took loans out before today,
  • Short-term business loans are prolonged until 30 July,
  • Starting from Thursday, the annual percentage rate of all new consumer loans will be limited at the Central Bank's base interest rate plus five percentage points.
  • Sectors that were severely hit by the pandemic (tourism, restaurants, entertainment venues, sports, cultural services, transportation) will be exempted from paying social security contributions.
  • Employment regulations will be made more flexible to facilitate agreements between employees and employers.

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hungary is taking some extreme measures....

• Loan payments are suspended until the end of the year for all private individuals and businesses who took loans out before today,
  • Short-term business loans are prolonged until 30 July,
  • Starting from Thursday, the annual percentage rate of all new consumer loans will be limited at the Central Bank's base interest rate plus five percentage points.
  • Sectors that were severely hit by the pandemic (tourism, restaurants, entertainment venues, sports, cultural services, transportation) will be exempted from paying social security contributions.
  • Employment regulations will be made more flexible to facilitate agreements between employees and employers.

It sounds good to me and this is what I need during this outbreak but government failed to offer for me.

Today was the last work day of the year in Iran, we are going into 15 days of "holiday" from tomorrow. the government made it clear that a lockdown (like what we see in Europe and the rest of the word) is not an option here. I hope these holidays help the situation but then that's a sure thing most people don't just stay at home. :facepalm: there will be lots of traveling, partying etc. last night in traditional "Charshanbeh-souri" night people were dancing and jumping on the streets like any other year. :facepalm:

and today the official death toll passed 1000 :( I assume the real number is higher, probably something like 50% . as I said before they don't test everybody because they are limited to something like 6000-8000 tests per day.

one surprising thing about Iran is there is almost no shortage for anything. :mumble: maybe except face mask which still you can find if you search a bit more. and the genius president Rouhani in his last speech of the year was proud of that ! it was like finding one good thing among 100000 bad things and brag about that :mad: Rouhani is making himself the most unlikeable person in the country. the extremists always hated him and now his supporters also hate him too.

bottom line, it seems since we can't beat coronavirus anytime soon, we are making friend with it ! :d I can see more people are just adjusting their lives with it. they wear masks but still do what they always do in their normal life. just less touching, and hand shaking is completely erased from everybody's memory.

Edited by MHSN

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Today was the last work day of the year in Iran, we are going into 15 days of "holiday" from tomorrow. the government made it clear that a lockdown (like what we see in Europe and the rest of the word) is not an option here. I hope these holidays help the situation but then that's a sure thing most people don't just stay at home. :facepalm: there will be lots of traveling, partying etc. last night in traditional "Charshanbeh-souri" night people were dancing and jumping on the streets like any other year. :facepalm:

and today the official death toll passed 1000 :( I assume the real number is higher, probably something like 50% . as I said before they don't test everybody because they are limited to something like 6000-8000 tests per day.

one surprising thing about Iran is there is almost no shortage for anything. :mumble: maybe except face mask which still you can find if you search a bit more. and the genius president Rouhani in his last speech of the year was proud of that ! it was like finding one good thing among 100000 bad things and brag about that :mad: Rouhani is making himself the most unlikeable person in the country. the extremists always hated him and now his supporters also hate him too.

bottom line, it seems since we can't beat coronavirus anytime soon, we are making friend with it ! :facepalm: I can see more people are just adjusting their lives with it. they wear masks but still do what they always do in their normal life. just less touching, and hand shaking is completely erased from everybody's memory.

The most terrible shortage should be medical resource. Once the severe patients over the medical capacity, the health system may collapse. It's always the most terrible image on my mind, hope it would not happened to any country. Take care of yourself and your family and happy new year.

Confirmed cases have passed 150 in India. As of now I'm in a corona free district in a state with 14 cases, all localized to 2 districts far from here. There is bird flu in some parts of the state which means the 1kg of chicken costs 0.6 $ . In some parts chicken is being given for free. 

Schools ,Colleges, Malls, Pubs, Bars and Theatres are closed. It's a partial lockdown . Government is thinking of imposing curfew soon if cases increase. 

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

The most terrible shortage should be medical resource. Once the severe patients over the medical capacity, the health system may collapse. It's always the most terrible image on my mind, hope it would not happened to any country. Take care of yourself and your family and happy new year.

If it’s going to happen to any first world country, it will be the US :facepalm:. We have the best medical supplies and resources in the world, yet we have the worst healthcare system. Last I heard, they will still only treat patients who can pay into healthcare, which means we’ll have thousands of homeless people in dire need of help, who will not be able to find any. There’s 30 million Americans (at least) without healthcare, and some of them are the Trump supporters who believe this virus is a hoax, and so won’t change their lives :mad:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela