website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If it’s going to happen to any first world country, it will be the US :facepalm:. We have the best medical supplies and resources in the world, yet we have the worst healthcare system. Last I heard, they will still only treat patients who can pay into healthcare, which means we’ll have thousands of homeless people in dire need of help, who will not be able to find any. There’s 30 million Americans (at least) without healthcare, and some of them are the Trump supporters who believe this virus is a hoax, and so won’t change their lives :mad:

I think if things really go that bad, US government will pay the bill for the uninsured, I mean if they are really in critical condition and poor. US government already changed the policy to give free tests for everyone ( maybe with doctor's permission only), I would not be surprised if they receive free treatment afterwards. Otherwise isn't it would be too cruel for the poor but severe patients?

19 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

The most terrible shortage should be medical resource. Once the severe patients over the medical capacity, the health system may collapse. It's always the most terrible image on my mind, hope it would not happened to any country. Take care of yourself and your family and happy new year.

that's true but that's for the hospitals. I meant about things people buy in their daily lives .

we heard a lot about these kind of problems before and some cities being over their medical capacities but not really in past few days, I wonder if it's a good sign or they just getting used to the situation and prefer to not complain. :mumble:

13 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I think if things really go that bad, US government will pay the bill for the uninsured, I mean if they are really in critical condition and poor. US government already changed the policy to give free tests for everyone ( maybe with doctor's permission only), I would not be surprised if they receive free treatment afterwards. Otherwise isn't it would be too cruel for the poor but severe patients?

No matter what happens, if Covid-19 really starts to spread, we’re fucked. The government refuses to buy/build more of the needed medical equipment. They refuse to take action nationally. They won’t pass the relief bills in Congress because the GOP keeps trying to sneak in things like massive tax cuts for the wealthy. We still have a sizable amount of the population who doesn’t even believe the virus is real. It’s bad. 

However, things here in California aren’t terrible at the moment. I think it will get bad, but we’re managing without too much government support right now. I think the state has done a very good job of responding to this crisis, and I’m glad to live here. 

I think you overestimate our government a little bit, but maybe I’ll take some of your optimism because I could use it right now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thousands-of-muslim-pilgrims-ignore-virus-risk-to-gather-in-indonesia

A shocking thing revealed in the news based on the link given above. Indonesia has only done 1,255 tests up till today, This is too little as Indonesia is the second largest country in the world. Wow amazing.

By Wednesday, Indonesia's tally of infections stood at 227, with 19 deaths.

The nation of 260 million had run just 1,255 tests by Tuesday.

By contrast, South Korea, with a population of a fifth that size, is doing more than 15,000 tests a day.

The data for Corona Virus for different countries varies and they are not the same. Some countries are actively testing their people to check for the virus while some countries are doing a very poor job by not testing their people. Lots of countries are also trying their level best to hide their Coronavirus cases. This is really not helping to combat the Coronavirus itself.

27 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Daily update:

• Active cases 28710 (+2648)
  • Death 2978 (+475)
  • Recovered 4025 (+1084)
  • Total cases: 35713 (+4207)

NB: Campania (more than +100 cases only today) is NOT INCLUDED in the data

Man, dont know what to say. 3000 deaths in less than 30 days...

There’s a dangerous position to hold in the US. He’s right, but politically he’s wrong :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

By tomorrow the number of deaths in Italy will be higher than the number of deaths in China. And probably by next week also the number of total cases will be higher.

I am not sure if the count system is the same all around the world though. 50% of our deaths had more than 3 other diseases. 25% had 2 diseases, 25% had 1 disease and only 3 cases died without having any other official disease.

The Minister of Health just collapsed during a pretty fierce debate :yikes: (while being yelled at by Geert Wilders)

He was back on his feet pretty quickly, but understandably the debate has been suspended for a while now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!