website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

As far as I understand hand sanitizer is anti-bacterial and we are dealing with a virus, so I don't think it would have any effect?

Actually it works and very important. I have seen a scientific video to show the rationale of wearing masks and washing hands to prevent virus. I think it mostly to prevent droplets.

5 hours ago, rybak said:

Also since beginning of 2020 in whole Poland we have already 1365716 cases of ordinary flu with 33 deaths, but no one mention about this...

Because it's not really comparable. To put it in sports terms, it's sort of like saying "Well everyone is talking about how we lost the football World Cup final, but you don't hear anyone about losing three consecutive 3x3 wheelchair basketball European junior championship finals!"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

As far as I understand hand sanitizer is anti-bacterial and we are dealing with a virus, so I don't think it would have any effect?

If it has 60% or more alcohol, it works (according to the health briefing in my workplace).

Apparently the structure of this virus made it possible for alcohol to "attack" them.

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

If it has 60% or more alcohol, it works (according to the health briefing in my workplace).

Apparently the structure of this virus made it possible for alcohol to "attack" them.

WHO, CDC (and other national equivalents in Europe/Asia) will tell you that soap and water is by far the best method of preventing the spread of this virus.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm a little worried how all different authorities have all different advisories on what works and doesn't work, on face masks working or face masks only working to prevent you from spreading it, etc :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm a little worried how all different authorities have all different advisories on what works and doesn't work, on face masks working or face masks only working to prevent you from spreading it, etc :p 

That explains why Asians wonder Europeans not wearing masks to protect themselves and also Europeans may wonder if Asians wearing masks are patients.

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

That explains why Asians wonder Europeans not wearing masks to protect themselves and also Europeans may wonder if Asians wearing masks are patients.

Exactly :d 

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah because every country has its own habit..

Like when our Health Minister repeatedly asked healthy people not to buy mask, people complained because in Indonesia most people openly sneeze or cough like mad as if they are not satisfied if you don't join the sneeze orchestra