website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

There are two big holes in the global sporting calendar every year. Late March, when the Winter season ends, to mid-May, when the mainstream summer sports again.  Then late September to mid-November, when the opposite happens.

So what I’ve got now is:

Cycling season at full steam

North & South hemisphere Rugby League season ditto.

NCAA softball & volleyball

Curling World Champs

Don’t watch soccer anymore - used to like it up till the early 90s, but now it’s just a global money laundering front. :sick:

Currently watching UK Open indoor lawn bowls - it’s like Curling for overweight middle-aged people!

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

There are two big holes in the global sporting calendar every year. Late March, when the Winter season ends, to mid-May, when the mainstream summer sports again.  Then late September to mid-November, when the opposite happens.

So what I’ve got now is:

Cycling season at full steam

North & South hemisphere Rugby League season ditto.

NCAA softball & volleyball

Curling World Champs

Don’t watch soccer anymore - used to like it up till the early 90s, but now it’s just a global money laundering front. :sick:

Currently watching UK Open indoor lawn bowls - it’s like Curling for overweight middle-aged people!

c'mon, man! the NHL is getting hot and it's playoff hockey time all around Europe!

and next week there are the NCAA men's Frozen Four, too...

to be added this week to the Wrestling Europeans and, today through Sunday, to the Judo Grand Slam tournament in Antalya...

some Euroleague basketball is also in the mix...

and from Thursday, the MLB is also going to start...

and you say that this period is a hole in the sports calendar? :yikes: :finger: 

this is close to the best time of the year, I'd say! :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

right now...Slovak Tipsport Extraliga, Slovan Bratislava vs Hc Kosice, game #5

more in general, earlier this week and in the upcoming weekend...a lot of Hockey, of course (European Leagues & NHL), some MLB and KBO Baseball, the Shooting World Cup stage in Rio de Janeiro and the Italian Swimming Champs...

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

right now...Slovak Tipsport Extraliga, Slovan Bratislava vs Hc Kosice, game #5

more in general, earlier this week and in the upcoming weekend...a lot of Hockey, of course (European Leagues & NHL), some MLB and KBO Baseball, the Shooting World Cup stage in Rio de Janeiro and the Italian Swimming Champs...

game over...and I fear our dear friend @hckošice isn't that happy right now...:rolleyes: :whistle:

my bad, pal...:dunno:

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

game over...and I fear our dear friend @hckošice isn't that happy right now...:rolleyes: :whistle:

my bad, pal...:dunno:

Yeah... Bummer...

However at the same time Slovan scored the winner in my TV, our U18 scored the promotion goal in my notebook so was like a mixed one hand joy jump with palmface with the other hand :p

Damn that :DEN goalie, that was something...A true brick wall

• 1 month later...